B&R adjustable razor available now at Bullgoose

Dogsmro

Forum GOD!
$300!!!!! I wouldn't get that much for the kids. Way out of my price range. I was expecting it to be nearer 200, but 300, I'm afraid not, as much as I like it they have priced it way to high.
 

Darkbulb

Member #10
$300!!!!! I wouldn't get that much for the kids. Way out of my price range. I was expecting it to be nearer 200, but 300, I'm afraid not, as much as I like it they have priced it way to high.
What might make this drop a bit more challenging is the season.
A limited quantity $300 razor is most likely something you buy for yourself as it's not that easily obtainable by a loved one to gift to you. With us coming up on the holiday season a lot of us are already diverting some of that self-indulgent/frivolous spending towards, sigh, gifts for loved ones making this a potentially more difficult item to justify - especially at the price point.

Having said that....after having read the reviews from the passaround(s) and owning several/all of the Rocnel razors as well as the Barbaros TR-1 I absolutely want one. It's just sadly priced a tad too high for how I perceive the razor. At $200 it would already had been in my shopping cart.

The Rocnel razors have experienced rather drastic increases in price with the latest offering - the DE-P coming in at $188. It's obviously very difficult to chart this new B&R offering along the same line as it's a) a joint venture w/ Barbaros and b) the first adjustable razor by them - but at $299 it takes this price line to new heights and I do worry a bit about the upcoming DE42, etc this month :)


We'll see - but nothing but best wishes to both Rocnel and Barbaros on this joint venture, the razor looks and seems amazing!
 
Last edited:

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Ouch! I wonder how much more they could have made had it been priced more reasonably. Get rich quick or die trying.
 

Dogsmro

Forum GOD!
The problem for me is I really, really like it, and I was keen to purchase, but I cannot justify spending that amount on a face scraper, such a shame.
 

Hexagrapher

Well-Known Member
I was quietly watching this one after seeing a couple of reviews. With the current value of the pound against the dollar then getting a royal shafting at customs, this razor is completely crazy money.

With respect, this is the time of the year when I have the least amount of money, never mind spare to throw around me on feel good toys.

I'm actually a tiny bit angry about this, after not getting anywhere when looking about a Digress earlier.
 
Last edited:
Top