August Acquisitions

Wayne

Forum Sod
When I received my Stainless Steel Karve Christopher Bradley safety razor, I noticed it came with a maintenance card. The card mentioned this:

"Any dry threads may wear over time through tightening and loosening. Your razor is no different. Be sure to apply a drop of oil or a dab of grease to the top cap threads on a regular basis. We use petroleum jelly."

I then e-mailed Chris and asked him how often "on a regular basis" is to him. His answer was:

"Application doesn't need to be that frequent, say every 6 shaves or so. You should be able to see some of the wax or jelly in place and you'll notice that the lubricated threads feel better than unlubricated or under-lubricated threads."

So today, I bought this...

A likely story :laugh:

D

Deleted member 1881

When I received my Stainless Steel Karve Christopher Bradley safety razor, I noticed it came with a maintenance card. The card mentioned this:

"Any dry threads may wear over time through tightening and loosening. Your razor is no different. Be sure to apply a drop of oil or a dab of grease to the top cap threads on a regular basis. We use petroleum jelly."

I then e-mailed Chris and asked him how often "on a regular basis" is to him. His answer was:

"Application doesn't need to be that frequent, say every 6 shaves or so. You should be able to see some of the wax or jelly in place and you'll notice that the lubricated threads feel better than unlubricated or under-lubricated threads."

So today, I bought this...

Baby oil works wonders for me! I have always this Vaseline of course.

Use it when you feel the razor is really tight when unscrewing. Had this problem with my 6c, it became a LOT smoother.

Just put a tiny dab of this between your index & thumb and just rotate the top cap to put the product inside the threads.

Wayne

Forum Sod
Baby oil works wonders for me! I have always this Vaseline of course.

Use it when you feel the razor is really tight when unscrewing. Had this problem with my 6c, it became a LOT smoother.

Just put a tiny dab of this between your index & thumb and just rotate the top cap to put the product inside the threads.
I was in the Chemist the other day. I'd like some Vaseline please? Certainly Sir, walk this way! If I could walk that way I wouldn't need the Vaseline..... I thank you.

D

Deleted member 1881

Hmm then they don't seem to be my thing. I like Kai, Nacet, Polsilver.