Wayne
Forum Sod
You don't need to spend £200 on a straight @jphelan81 until you are really proficient. You can buy a useable SR from Ebay and send it to a forum member for honing. It'll be as good as any £200 and stropping isn't as easy as many will make out at first and you run the risk of rolling the edge making it unusable really easily and needing a touch up. I know because it happened to me. Have a look for a Sheffield razor on the Bay, you are bound to find something decent for not a lot to try with.I think if like to just buy one, good quality one, like around £200 and then learn from there. I need to research the stripping and honing part, and just how expensive it is to maintain. Also don't know where to start on sizes, could be a day of watching YouTube! Any advice much appreciated.