Attar عطار

GoReds

Guru
Whats your go to after shave and EDT?
My after shave is quite unscented, usually a nivea balsam/as.

I rotate my EDT between a Tabac (black version) and Montblanc legend nigth (in the afternoon) . I am enjoying the David Beckham instinct recently also.

I don't live in UK and from all the sellers the one that has affordable shipping is this one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/almunawwaraperfumes

Glad to hear one or two suggestions for office.

pjgh

Forum GOD!
From my experience, Al Munawwara oils tended to be on the light side, perhaps diluted just a little more with carrier oil. That may well work in your favour if you're concerned about over-projection. If you run hot, so will your scent - I have a fast metabolic rate, radiating strongly and so oils on my pulse point project strongly. With lighter scents, perhaps dabbed on neck rather than wrists, you may well find a happy projection.

Anyway, scents ...

Musks will be strong and heavy. Ambers, likewise. If you like Tabac Black, from Al Munawwara, perhaps Night Queen or Musk Nafs might well suit. Musk Himalayan has a strong woodiness that is present in the Tabac. It's deep and beguiling.

bugra101

Veteran
Got my first oils from PP couple days and How the heck I didn’t know about this sort of perfuming before.

Had the Valentino Uomo - found too sweet and Dior Homme Intense- I like that one. I normally use Dior Homme EDP.

Everyone says TF Oud Wood is a pretty good or the Creed Royal Oudh. How do they smell?

Question to @Mr Bigmem Does oud wood smell like a hadji oil? Or more of a modern & elegant scent?

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Got my first oils from PP couple days and How the heck I didn’t know about this sort of perfuming before.

Had the Valentino Uomo - found too sweet and Dior Homme Intense- I like that one. I normally use Dior Homme EDP.

Everyone says TF Oud Wood is a pretty good or the Creed Royal Oudh. How do they smell?

Question to @Mr Bigmem Does oud wood smell like a hadji oil? Or more of a modern & elegant scent?
Lol itS not a big haji oil smell but it does have that slight smokey bühür scent. I do like PP take on TF Oud Wood. Have you smelt the original? I personally prefer Creed Royal Oudh

bugra101

Veteran
Lol itS not a big haji oil smell but it does have that slight smokey bühür scent. I do like PP take on TF Oud Wood. Have you smelt the original? I personally prefer Creed Royal Oudh
I’ve not smelt the Original. I might be able to tomorrow, thinking of popping into selfridges which has a Harrods kind of section in it, they might stock them.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I’ve not smelt the Original. I might be able to tomorrow, thinking of popping into selfridges which has a Harrods kind of section in it, they might stock them.
They defo do, selfridges has a massive TF section. Bring along a pen and write the names on the testing cards of everything so you can see how the scent changes and you don't forget the name

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
Decided to take a punt on some attars, So I chose some fragrances that I am familiar with and today they arrived from Perfume Parlour.
All three where spray on fragrances. Isle Of Vert - Green Irish Tweed, Silver Mounteens Water - Silver Mountain Water and Nation for Men - AdP Colonia.

Have to say, I am thoroughly pleased with all of them, especially both the Isle Of Vert - GiT & Nation for Men - AdP Colonia.
These oils are just remarkable for how little they cost but how well they pungently hang-on in for hours.
Thanks for opening my eyes to the world of attars, gentlemen :thumbsup: Very much appreciated

bugra101

Veteran
I’ve smelt plenty of stuff today.

Didn’t like the Creed Royal Oudh at all.

In fact didn’t like any of the Creed’s. Aventus was too fresh for my liking and Royal Oudh made me feel like I’ve been to Dubai Mall (I’ve used to live in Dubai)

TF Oud Wood - already ordered from PP as well as Black Afghano variant oil.

bugra101

Veteran
:laugh: that to me does smell of Haji oil brother lol
Does it? Oh shit. Gonna have to PIF it to someone then.

I didn’t smell it at all just went by all the comments saying masculine and good etc.

I really like the Comme de Garcons Wonderwood. Any recommendations similar to that one?

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Does it? Oh shit. Gonna have to PIF it to someone then.

I didn’t smell it at all just went by all the comments saying masculine and good etc.

I really like the Comme de Garcons Wonderwood. Any recommendations similar to that one?
It just smells very smoky to me and pungent