Asylum RX v2

Jfett

CunningMr.Fox
I own the hawk V3 and having the one razor a month rotation schedule. Mine dosent get used which is a shame I say. I have looked at this razor over and over again. With the steel hone weeks away I will not be purchasing the asylum but I would love to have a shave or two with one. Not much recent experience with shavers I believe so I think a few gentleman will be buying them blind. From what I've read above, it may prove Providence to bit the bullet. Sincerest respects as always gentleman. J. 🥃❤
 

MrK1

Forum GOD!
Not even the Vector? General?

Not tried the original RX or the RR Hawk either
Nope, not even those. I have bought and sold both.

The Vector is an amazing razor but I found it too mild. Shame really, I really wanted to like it.
 

slapo

It's... alive!
I'm in a similar boat as MrK1 is, although I haven't really tried any of the AC razors that cost over £100.
I ended up with Occam's razor and the OC Hawk and new AC razors kind of leave me cold.
 

Moriarty

Forum GOD!
Have any of you used the Alpha / Executive Shaving Claymore v2? That‘s another recent SE that interests me, and I wonder where it fits into the picture and how it compares.

I haven’t warmed to the looks of the Asylum Rx so far, but I do get that something a touch more efficient than the Vector should have a market. For me right now the Vector is such a high watermark in SE razors and to buy anything else it has to be excellent and there must also be some aspect that stands out as significantly different to the Vector. With good preparation and technique I find the Vector gives efficient enough shaves to satisfy me, and I generally favour very efficient razors - so I’m not convinced that an increase in efficiency alone is enough of a reason to get the Asylum. The Vector is also so enjoyable to use. The only other SE I have is the Rocnel SE-50, and I’m finding it a bit clunky and numb feeling compared to the Vector.

Bottom line for me is that I can’t see a good reason to buy any SE razor other than the Vector. It is too good. But I haven’t used either the Asylum or the Claymore so I’m interested to hear more about them and what they might offer that the Vector doesn’t.
 

wintoid

Out of control
Ooh. I've pretty much stopped spending on shaving stuff. It's been months and months, maybe years now. The RX is the one razor I always wished I'd tried. I know nothing about the RX2 though. Thanks for the heads up, will have to do some googling!
 

koenfucius

Forum GOD!
I have a v1 and I am happy about it. I have the cobra Classic, Hiram Commander 3 dot plate, Asylum Rx, Colonial General aluminium and would rank them in that order.
I have sold the Vector, found it too mild.
 

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Have any of you used the Alpha / Executive Shaving Claymore v2? That‘s another recent SE that interests me, and I wonder where it fits into the picture and how it compares.

I haven’t warmed to the looks of the Asylum Rx so far, but I do get that something a touch more efficient than the Vector should have a market. For me right now the Vector is such a high watermark in SE razors and to buy anything else it has to be excellent and there must also be some aspect that stands out as significantly different to the Vector. With good preparation and technique I find the Vector gives efficient enough shaves to satisfy me, and I generally favour very efficient razors - so I’m not convinced that an increase in efficiency alone is enough of a reason to get the Asylum. The Vector is also so enjoyable to use. The only other SE I have is the Rocnel SE-50, and I’m finding it a bit clunky and numb feeling compared to the Vector.

Bottom line for me is that I can’t see a good reason to buy any SE razor other than the Vector. It is too good. But I haven’t used either the Asylum or the Claymore so I’m interested to hear more about them and what they might offer that the Vector doesn’t.
I have a few AC/SE Razors including the Alpha Claymore Evolution, which is proving to be very good, better than the Hawk V3 A and OC. I have not used the Vector so cannot compare it with The Claymore.
 

SweeneyTodd

Forum GOD!
That announcement initially got me going, but I realised I have no need for another AC/SE as I seem awash with them.
Likewise. Oddly, I had a message last night to tell me that something in the limited edition fountain pen field will be available to me tomorrow, so, with the RX 2, I smacked myself on the hand and told myself "No" or maybe "Not Yet".
 
Top