Anyone Tried Mikes Aftershave Splashes?

StevieBoy

Forum GOD!
I have seen that West Coast Shaving stock Mikes aftershave splashes to match his shaving soaps.

Does anyone have any experience with them?

Scent strength and longevity?

Face feel and healing properties?

p.b

Forum GOD!
My sensitive skin reacted to all three I tried. That's not unusual with my skin. There are two types - after shave splash and skin food. The splash has very few ingredients, a bit like Fine. The Skin food has plenty of ingredients listed.

The splash is nice and astringent but a little drying and would be ideal in the summer or if you have oily skin. The skin food is more balanced and nourishing and is not in the slightest drying.

The scent is fleeting but strong enough for me in the initial application. Just like most ASL.

I really liked both and if I hadn't had the reaction I'd be using them now.

@MPH @missingskin @Benz3ne any thoughts?

Benz3ne

Forum GOD!
My sensitive skin reacted to all three I tried. That's not unusual with my skin. There are two types - after shave splash and skin food. The splash has very few ingredients, a bit like Fine. The Skin food has plenty of ingredients listed.

The splash is nice and astringent but a little drying and would be ideal in the summer or if you have oily skin. The skin food is more balanced and nourishing and is not in the slightest drying.

The scent is fleeting but strong enough for me in the initial application. Just like most ASL.

Not got around to trying yet but when I do I’ll be sure to check in. Thanks for the tag, P. :)

StevieBoy

Forum GOD!

Is that why there are bottles with black caps and ones with white caps?

MPH

Forum GOD!
I've tried the lime splash. I'm no expert on aftershave as I've always used aftershave balms, but the Mikes aftershave splash seems nice enough. Its in no way oily, and wasnt drying, just disappeared nicely leaving the skin feeling nice enough not to need the balm.

Scent wise it is pretty strong in the bottle, but doesn't last too long on the skin. The scent is Lime, but with some background chemicals. Its not a complex scent like some... Just lime.

Overall its nice enough and i'll enjoy using it as I have the matching soap, but I'm not sure it brings anything new to the party that you wouldn't get with others???? As mentioned though I'm no expert so others may be better able to judge against other brands.

Benz3ne

Forum GOD!
Checking in. Not sure the scent of the coconut is really for me, but there’s absolutely no denying the ability of this to soothe skin and abate any redness. No stinging or irritation whatsoever on me (though I’m not knowingly allergic to anything). Skin feel is good and it doesn’t leave any oily residues. Might pass mine on shortly for no other reason than it’s not a scent I’d typically reach for.