An interesting Article (The Best Creams)

R181

Grumpy old man
Yes, it was an interesting read. I was happy to see this quote taken from the article, "There are no definitive answers to the question in this article’s title, but hopefully after reading it you’ll be able to narrow down your options". In shaving there are no simple answers to what is the "best" anything. It is all in what suits the individual and beginners need to understand that.

Bob

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
Good article as is the one on Electrics. One step I seem to have become less than diligent about is waiting for at least 5 minutes after lathering before starting to shave; i’ll have to end my ways starting with tomorrow’s shave.

2hot 2trot

Forum GOD!
Good article as is the one on Electrics. One step I seem to have become less than diligent about is waiting for at least 5 minutes after lathering before starting to shave; i’ll have to end my ways starting with tomorrow’s shave.
+1
I too have never really waited 5 minutes after applying the soap before my shave but it does make sense to give more time for the soap to do its job intended.
Since reading this article I have started to leave the soap on for a while and there appears to be positive results.

My whiskers are certainly softer and I find it much better particularly with straight shaving.

R181

Grumpy old man
I am guilty of not leaving the lather on 5 minutes before shaving. Have never done so in coming on 50 years of on and off wet shaving. I face lather so that does go a ways to letting it sit there for a few minutes while I work up a lather. I doubt that I will be leaving it on for the proscribed 5 minute though.

Bob

lloydrm

Forum GOD!
We should all str8 shave so we can strop with a face full of suds. I did it a couple times but in winter my sweater takes all the suds. Drives me crazy.

R181

Grumpy old man
We should all str8 shave so we can strop with a face full of suds. I did it a couple times but in winter my sweater takes all the suds. Drives me crazy.
I strop the night before so leaves me out. No sweaters in this house during winter either. :D

Bob