Abandoned the 3-pass shave

Zhang Doe

Forum GOD!
I wish I could do as many passes as the rest simply because I love the process of shaving and the tradition of ages old routines. It is more zen if it lasts longer. But I can’t do more than two passes without irritation. One pass with buffing in key areas is what seems to work best for me.

Could never actually understand how running a blade over one’s skin three or more times was supposed to be good for it. Though I suspect the response will be: “You are obviously doing it wrong.”
 

R181

Grumpy old man
I wish I could do as many passes as the rest simply because I love the process of shaving and the tradition of ages old routines. It is more zen if it lasts longer. But I can’t do more than two passes without irritation. One pass with buffing in key areas is what seems to work best for me.

Could never actually understand how running a blade over one’s skin three or more times was supposed to be good for it. Though I suspect the response will be: “You are obviously doing it wrong.”
Yes, "you are obviously doing it wrong" could be one of the responses but so could you having different skin sensitivity to those who do more passes. There are a few plausible reasons. The main thing is everyone is doing what works for them and they are satisfied with it.

Bob
 

chazt

shave
My first pass is a combination of wtg and xtg. My second pass is a combination of xtg and a few atg strokes on my chin and cheeks. It works for me.
 
Top