U Boats

R181

Grumpy old man
What I found amazing was that Germany's top WWII U boat ace went on to serve in the new German Navy after the war when he was released from POW camp in Canada. He then went on to serve in a senior position in NATO too. An increditable life to have led.

Bob
 

Mark12

Forum GOD!
I used to watch a series called World at War. Not sure if it's available over your way Bob @R181 but it's a fantastic series. There's an episode about the U Boats and I always remember the casualty rates they suffered with only 1 in 4 surviving.

Maybe the series is well known to you but if not I can recommend. A quick look on YT shows me it's available here but not sure about in Canada or the US.

Regards
M
 

R181

Grumpy old man
I used to watch a series called World at War. Not sure if it's available over your way Bob @R181 but it's a fantastic series. There's an episode about the U Boats and I always remember the casualty rates they suffered with only 1 in 4 surviving.

Maybe the series is well known to you but if not I can recommend. A quick look on YT shows me it's available here but not sure about in Canada or the US.

Regards
M
Thnks, I have seen that TV series and it is a good one too.

Bob
 
Top