That's my Badgers gone

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
That might be the case. From what I have tried they all lack in backbone, scratchy feeling and just feel to soft on my face. Do you have any suggestions on what should I try?
Like yourself I wasn’t a fan of synthetic knots. I found they had either zero backbone and too soft or too much backbone and ‘’springy’’. If you read through this thread from the beginning you will see I asked the same question.

I’ve since tried a few and the AP Shave Co SynBad and Simpsons Trafalgar T3 to be the best (to my tastes) I’ve come across.

Martini

Forum GOD!
Like yourself I wasn’t a fan of synthetic knots. I found they had either zero backbone and too soft or too much backbone and ‘’springy’’. If you read through this thread from the beginning you will see I asked the same question.
I’ve since tried a few and the AP Shave Co SynBad and Simpsons Trafalgar T3 to be the best (to my tastes) I’ve come across.

@caus2929 You received the right answer. I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you for the input Rob! :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 2936

Badger yes, they kill it and then take the hair. Often they’re kept in cages and tortured. Boar I’m not as sure about but I believe it’s not inhumane. Horse is clipped from the tail and mane and they aren’t harmed.
yea i wont buy any badger ones no more, tbh the mixed badger brush i got now, i got as part of a package with a kamasori so didnt really get it for the brush anyways i remember years ago seeing how badly the animals including cats and dogs were treated in china etc on youtube,
its really sad to see, dont get me wrong im a meta eater too etc but when you see something cruel happening you should stop it imo

what does horse hair brush feel like compared to badger and boar bristle?

caus2929

Forum GOD!

I did not say that they cant make the leather or that they are not ok. They just can measure up to the badger brushes. That is just my opinion and every person is entitled to his.

That being said I just could have shaved with my mach3 but there is something to this hobby and tradition that I am passionate about. I like everything that is old: motorcycles, pens, watches, clothes,... And changing that and going to a synthetic brush is just like shaving with a Gillette cartridge razor in my opinion. But then there is a forum like this one where we can exchange opinions and experience to try something new and go back if you don't like it.

RussellR5555

Forum GOD!
I did not say that they cant make the leather or that they are not ok. They just can measure up to the badger brushes. That is just my opinion and every person is entitled to his.

That being said I just could have shaved with my mach3 but there is something to this hobby and tradition that I am passionate about. I like everything that is old: motorcycles, pens, watches, clothes,... And changing that and going to a synthetic brush is just like shaving with a Gillette cartridge razor in my opinion. But then there is a forum like this one where we can exchange opinions and experience to try something new and go back if you don't like it.
Did I miss something ? I don't see any mention in Robs Post of leather or him saying you weren't entitled to an opinion.

Nav

Forum GOD!
I sold off around 30 badger brushes and kept just three (Simpson Commodore best, WSP silvertip and Frank shaving travel brush). I won't be buying any more badger brushes.

It's not so much about [potentially isolated] cases of badger cruelty but more about the bigger picture of using animal derived products.

Same reason why i went from eating animal protein every single day to eating it once a month (i tried to go full veg but meat eating is a much bigger addiction than I ever imagined!).

In terms of practicality, the muhle/EJ silvertip fibre is the brush i use 9 out of 10 times!