Surprisingly good shaves

Wayne

Forum Sod
Have you ever put a combo together that you thought, Hmmn, not sure about this but it really surprised you? This morning I paired my Rex with a Feather, now, I have been using a Feather in a loaned Carbon Cx and in my Nodachi, both really shine with a Feather blade.
The Rex, I love and hate equally, I love how close it gets, I hate the thought I could do myself a bit of damage in a split second of lack of concentration. I never go above 2 on the dial, as much as I enjoy mid aggressive, I'm not a lunatic and respect the Rex.
Anywhoo, I had a Feather out so thought I'd load it. I wasn't looking forward to it but two passes and a little buffing under the Punch like Chin and the Feather had done it's magic once more, only 3 tiny weepers that stopped with the cold splash and I don't look like I've been attacked by Chucky. This combo has really surprised me. I'm getting a new found love for the Feather blade.

Boycie83

Space Cadet
Tried a Feather in a DE89 and had a couple of rough shaves. Similar to you, put one in a 37C out of curiosity and expected a bloodbath. I've had two really smooth shaves with that combo now and no weepers.

D

Deleted member 1881

I really hate Feather TBH, but I find it perfect for mid aggressive razors.

The highlight of this fecking sharp blade is on the ATG pass. If you have the right angle, it takes no prisoners and you don't need to overshave to get a clean shave.

Rockwell on #4
Wilki Classic
Merkur 37c Slant
Yaqi DOC