Schick injector blade longevity

Rusty Blade

Forum GOD!
I shave with a vintage Schick Type G. One of the best razors ever invented IMO. I would like to know from other users how many shaves you get from a blade. I generally change my blade every 10 days. I have started a trial to see how many shaves beyond my usual 10 before I need to change.

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
Depends on the blade.
Looking at my records:
Personna blades (in the plastic magazine) 4-5 shaves
Proline B-20 blades: 6-8 shaves
Schick blades (vintage, modern, single, twin) - about 10 Shaves
Personna 74 blades average 15-25 shaves (hard to find and expensive)

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
I shave with a vintage Schick Type G. One of the best razors ever invented IMO. I would like to know from other users how many shaves you get from a blade. I generally change my blade every 10 days. I have started a trial to see how many shaves beyond my usual 10 before I need to change.
For me, perhaps 4 shaves and I’m a full face shaver .

ajc347

Forum GOD!
Andreas has summed things up pretty nicely and it concurs with my thoughts (apart from the Person 74 blades, as I've never seen any in the flesh, let alone had an opportunity to use them).

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
Andreas has summed things up pretty nicely and it concurs with my thoughts (apart from the Person 74 blades, as I've never seen any in the flesh, let alone had an opportunity to use them).
They are rare and expensive.
I see them once or twice a year on eBay. Usually for more than 3 quid a blade.
Over the years I have acquired a few for less than 2 quid a blade.
And I consider that a right bargain.
They don't make blades like this anymore.

Rusty Blade

Forum GOD!
Depends on the blade.
Looking at my records:
Personna blades (in the plastic magazine) 4-5 shaves
Proline B-20 blades: 6-8 shaves
Schick blades (vintage, modern, single, twin) - about 10 Shaves
Personna 74 blades average 15-25 shaves (hard to find and expensive)
Have you tried the Taconic injector blades?

Rusty Blade

Forum GOD!
Final results -- 10 shaves. I could have cashed in my chips at 9 but managed a 10th shave. I could feel it starting to slip at 8 but kept going. At 10 I felt I was tempting fate, so I ended it there. So it turns out I wasn't that far off with my regular blade change every Sunday or thereabouts.

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
Final results -- 10 shaves. I could have cashed in my chips at 9 but managed a 10th shave. I could feel it starting to slip at 8 but kept going. At 10 I felt I was tempting fate, so I ended it there. So it turns out I wasn't that far off with my regular blade change every Sunday or thereabouts.
I think the more our skills progress, the blade lasts longer.