Saponificio Varesino brush help

Cannoncocker

Forum GOD!
I posted this on a different forum but didn't receive much feed back, so I thought I would ask here.

The SV brushes have really caught my eye, but I know very little about them. I would appreciate any comments to help me learn more. I did see one picture that appeared to show gel tips which I'm not a fan of.

Thanks in advance for any help.
 

adrian ivanovici

Forum GOD!
I posted this on a different forum but didn't receive much feed back, so I thought I would ask here.

The SV brushes have really caught my eye, but I know very little about them. I would appreciate any comments to help me learn more. I did see one picture that appeared to show gel tips which I'm not a fan of.

Thanks in advance for any help.
If you are referring to the high mountain badger knot stuff: it has more backbone than a silver tip, but it is not as soft.
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Superb brushes. I had 3 when I used Badger and loved them all. They really do balance that line between softness and backbone. They have enough BB to lather any soap you care to use but still soft enough to offer that premium cloud soft face feel great Badger is famed for.
The shape is perfect too, a Fan shape which compliments the classic handle shape.
I'd say if you want one then just get one, you will not be disappointed. I'm a committed Synth user these days but if I was ever to go back to Badger ( It's not happening ) I'd buy an SV as my first brush.
 
Last edited:

Cannoncocker

Forum GOD!
Superb brushes. I had 3 when I used Badger and loved them all. They relly do balance that line between softness and backbone. They have enough BB to lather any soap you care to use but still soft enough to offer that premium cloud soft face feel gret Badger is famed for.
The shape is perfect too, a Fan shape which compliments the classic handle shape.
I'd say if you want one then just get one, you will not be disappointed. I'm a comitted Synth user these days but if I was ever to go back to Badger ( It's not happening ) I'd buy an SV as my first brush.
Great to read your favorable review. Do you remember if they had gel tips?
 

R181

Grumpy old man
No personal experience but a good friend has that brush and it is his favourite. He also said he'd buy another if he wanted another badger brush.

Bob
 

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
I posted this on a different forum but didn't receive much feed back, so I thought I would ask here.

The SV brushes have really caught my eye, but I know very little about them. I would appreciate any comments to help me learn more. I did see one picture that appeared to show gel tips which I'm not a fan of.

Thanks in advance for any help.
I bought mine January 2017 and I've been a cheerleader for their brushes ever since. I've recommended them to a lot of people and they have all loved them.

As others have mentioned it's perfectly balanced knot. Not too dense, not to high and not too low. It's not cloud soft but there's not a hint of scritch or scratch. The backbone comes into its own with the painting strokes, a wonderful feeling.
I can still remember the smile on my face when I first used it.
I'd tried many brushes and really wasn't sure what I was looking for but as soon as I used the SV brush I knew I'd found it!

Buy without hesitation!

IMAG0810.jpg
 

motto

Forum GOD!
I have two SV brushes in my den, a 2.0 and a Paragone. I totally agree with the previous statements here. Superb brushes all the way. Knots have perfect balance, backbone is able to handle hard soaps or creams and the soft tips providing the luxurious face feel you are looking for. These brushes do the job and they are looking great too. Almost impossible to do something wrong with a brush from SV.

Regards
Marco
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Thanks to all of you. I will be ordering one of these brushes as soon as I decide on which handle. They are all beautiful.
Here's a good thread to refer to before purchase:
 
Top