Question about shaving ATG

adala37

Regular Member
Hi all,

I was have a 2 months old beard.

2 days ago i went to a barber and tell him to cut my beard with razor. He shaved my cheeks and mustache WTG with the razor but when he started shaved my neck i feeled pulling. I asked to him why he replied ı cant see the grain properly i think ı shaved ATG thats why. After shave i feeled burning on my face. Its still hurts now sometimes but better than first day.

I made some research on internet and i read some people and sites saying shaving ATG can damage hair follicles and when i saw that im in a miserable situation like 2 days because i have an anxiety problem. My question is will my beard will ok? Will it grow thinner or something? Will it damage my beard follicles things like that going on my head and im really not feeling good yesterday i taked an anxiety pills after 5 years because my anxiety went that bad after this. Can anyone please help me im begging.. I just want to learn what will happen if he shaved my 2 months old beard ATG. Not sure he really shaved ATG or he just put much pressure when shaving neither. In all cases would this cause something bad to my beard? All my concern is that.

This is the pictures of my face if its helps:


View: https://imgur.com/a/Ref7l8r


My neck edges looked strange to me not sure it was like that before or barber shaved againts grain cause this some parts looking BBS. If its because ATG will it grow back exactly same? Not thinner or something like wont grow?

Im sorry for my English. Thank you all.
 

adala37

Regular Member
Do not worry, as much you can have a slight irritation that will disappear in a few days, of course without leaving any sequel.

Try to hydrate the irritated area with some soft balm or light moisturizer
Thank you so much sir. As far i understand it wont leave any sequel on my skin. Is it same for my beard too? Hair follicles in example.


Because im always growing a beard actually im not a shaver guy. I'm asking because my English is bad im just trying to be sure about what i understand. Sorry if i bothered you.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Don't even worry sir, you won't have any problem with the follicles or beard. The hairs will grow again just like before.

Just keep putting non alcoholic balms and moisturizers there for a few days.

DO NOT PANIC!
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Don’t worry, your beard will be fine. Shaving ATG can irritate the skin and it may be sore for a couple of days but your follicles will be OK.

I had a look at your pictures and if I shave ATG I can get irritation like that too, it won’t last long.
 
Last edited:

adala37

Regular Member
Don’t worry, your beard will be fine. Shaving ATG can irritate the skin and it may be sore for a couple of days but your follicles will be OK.

I had a look at your pictures and if I shave ATG I can get irritation like that too, it won’t last long.
Thank you so much sir. Those stuff ı read on internet (ATG shave can cause damage follicles because its pulling hair) raised my anxiety so much. Also when i see some people says reduce beard by WTG before ATG shave confused me about my long beard atg shave incident.

But ı feel much calm now thanks to all of u guys. I'm really grateful.
 
Last edited:
Top