Observations

raoul55

Forum GOD!
I do this because I enjoy using vintage things, saving money is just a bonus. Getting really great shaves is kinda nice too.

Wax spots, I ignore them, and they ignore me back. :p:
My wax dot don't ignore me. They leave a residue in my razor. They make the blade stick in my razor and force me to handle the blade more which increases my risk of a cut finger.
Congratulations on saving money! Regarding blades, you might consider Personna Med Preps. No glue spots, very sharp (and cheap through medical supply houses.)
I want to try them, but so far I've only seen them in batches of 100. I get bored easily and I have commitment issues. LOL.
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
This, like many other male dominated hobbies can turn quickly into a willy waving competition. Who has what, where and how many. We quickly forget why we got into it and instead focus on the equipment rather than money saving.
On the subject of glue spots only good blades have them, the glue is to prevent the blade moving around in the packaging thus ruining the edge. They are only a minor inconvienence and one I can live with.
Agreed, they don't bother me either.
 

raoul55

Forum GOD!
I'm not the sort to have multiple soaps. I like to finish what I start. My Le Pere Lucien soap is lasting FOR-EVER! I thought I would be done with it by Christmas, but now I think it is going to last into the New Year. I don't seem to be making progress on that last little bit. I've really been soaping up the brush, too. I have Czech&Speake waiting that I'm dying to try. So that's a plus and minus about wet shaving. Soaps last forever, but you may become bored. I used my Rapira Platinum Lux blades. Got a great shave. They seem to have tiny wax dots, which upset me. A noisier blade; more like my Kai. "Maybe" it tugged slightly more. I think Feathers, Personna Israeli Reds and Voshkods have similarities and the Rapira seems similar to the Kai.
 
Top