New TOBS Cream

Lem2510

Guru
I bought it 2 weeks ago in London. I had my 3rd shave with it this morning.
Honnestly I have mixed feelings. Good lather, easy to build, shiny white. As far as scent, I have not figured it yet but it is light. But it seems to give me a slight irritation. I had the same feeling during all 3 shaves.
I will give it a few more shaves over the next weeks but I might have to forget about it.

This morning shave
F3A8BE1F-F912-43C2-8708-BF091CA11855.jpeg

Last edited:
S

Steve Bowles

I like all of the TOBS creams that I have tried so far, but Leon2510's comments leave me a bit hesitant. I don't want to shell out £15 for a cream that is going to irritate my skin. I find that creams and soaps heavily infused with citrus oils tend to irritate. I, too, will wait for more reviews, though I tend to believe that if anyone can make an outstanding shaving cream, it's TOBS.

Dr Watson

James
I bought it 2 weeks ago in London. I had my 3rd shave with it this morning.
Honnestly I have mixed feelings. Good lather, easy to build, shiny white. As far as scent, I have not figured it yet but it is light. But it seems to give me a slight irritation. I had the same feeling during all 3 shaves.
I will give it a few more shaves over the next weeks but I might have to forget about it.

This morning shave
View attachment 28681
Thank you for sharing Lem. Pity it gives you irritation, a common problem with TOBS creams...

Last edited:

Lem2510

Guru
Well :eek: thank you Dr Watson quite scary they are using this type of ingredients.
I am fortunate I had just a small unease and not a full allergic reaction.

I have still 2 untried soaps from TOBS (sandalwood and Mr Taylor) and will have a look at the composants but they might not see my face.
I might trash them as well, I am not going to sale something that might cause allergies to some one.

Once again thanks you

R181

Grumpy old man
This is interesting as I have had a slight tingling feeling iirc when using TOBS Jermyn Street shaving cream. I have had a similar sensation with an artisan shaving soap also. My skin is not normally sensitive but a friend who tried the same artisan shaving soap had a stronger reaction to it than I did. Then again others I know have had no reaction to that particular artisan shave soap. I guess the severity of a reaction to ingredients in shave soaps/creams varies from person to person.

Bob