Identifying tool to modify blades for Gibbs

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
I have been using a hole punch or on occasion scissors to modify DE blades for the Gibbs Adjustable - although both methods work well, I recently came across a better method in this You Tube video where the user, uses something akin to small nail clippers. Anyone able to identify the tool being used? ... thanks...

View: https://youtu.be/7iHi1GNKuC8
 

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
I have been using a hole punch or on occasion scissors to modify DE blades for the Gibbs Adjustable - although both methods work well, I recently came across a better method in this You Tube video where the user, uses something akin to small nail clippers. Anyone able to identify the tool being used? ... thanks...

View: https://youtu.be/7iHi1GNKuC8
That's a neat little tool! Can't you ask via the comments section under the video clip? If you find out please let me know. P.
 

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
...unfortunately he has not responded, the video was posted in 2016. Did you hold on to one of your many many Gibbs?
No I did not and I regret selling my last one but they are not too hard to find so if I find one in tip top condition I may be tempted to buy it. It's still the smoothest DE razor I have ever had. :) P.
 

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
it's a PMU punch.
It was used to make bets on horse races.
we would make a notch on a card to choose the horse's number

in french "pince PMU" or "poinçon PMU"

mine :

...terrific...thank you for identifying, much appreciated. Now for tracking one down...
 

Belfont

Forum GOD!
there are several models available
choose one with the upper jaw black, made of harder metal, the others break or deform,
the cards were made of cardboard, not metal like the blades
 

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
there are several models available
choose one with the upper jaw black, made of harder metal, the others break or deform,
the cards were made of cardboard, not metal like the blades
...just ordered one of the soft metal ones before I read your post...but as only a few £'s not much damage. The black jawed ones are not showing up yet but at least I know what to look for now...
 
Top