Iain Crichton - icshavingbrushes

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
Nice brushes. Any idea of handle specs (height, loft, etc).
As Chinese philosopher Confucius said: "Man always needs one more brush"

Batch300

Brush received Monday. Washing and waiting until Friday shave. First impression is positive plus the usual prompt shipping and well packaged. Nice emails from artisan (Arthur Lamb ?)
IMG_20170504_123641.jpg
IMG_20170504_123628.jpg

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
I won one of these yesterday... a 24mm Tuxedo knot. I'll send pictures when it turns up, but here are the pictures from the raffle. How lucky to win a raffle on your birthday! It looks stunning and I can't wait for it to arrive... It'll be forever known as birthday brush.

FYI @Batch300 Arthur Lamb just sells/raffles the brushes on Ian's behalf. Ian Crighton is actually the maker of the brushes.

received_1374060579353148.jpeg
received_1374060582686481.jpeg
received_1374060606019812.jpeg
received_1374060616019811.jpeg

Godfather

Forum GOD!
I won one of these yesterday... a 24mm Tuxedo knot. I'll send pictures when it turns up, but here are the pictures from the raffle. How lucky to win a raffle on your birthday! It looks stunning and I can't wait for it to arrive... It'll be forever known as birthday brush.

FYI @Batch300 Arthur Lamb just sells/raffles the brushes on Ian's behalf. Ian Crighton is actually the maker of the brushes.

View attachment 11589 View attachment 11590 View attachment 11591 View attachment 11592
What a glorious brush!

Batch300

Happy with my brush. Taller handle and more loft than most of other brushes - did not notice in first shave.
Nice to see Ian Crighton join ATG.

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
Afternoon Gents,

Last night’s final shave report with the Tradere OC pass around razor. Haven’t had the chance to type this up until now.

It was my first use of my birthday brush (raffle win) ICShaving brush with a 24mm Tuxedo knot. This brush resin is gorgeous, very, very nice. The knot itself is one of, if not the best synthetic knot I’ve used, but it needs a couple more used.

I used Wickham 1912 Irish Fern, a lovely, clean smelling soap. The brush whipped up a great face lather, but I actually think it might be better suited to bowl lathering. I don’t have many brushes I like to use with bowls and I have two lovely scuttles so it’s definitely one for me to explore.

On to the razor itself. It’s been an up and down few shaves with it, sometimes a bit of irritation and too much blade feel, but that was when I didn’t have much stubble. The times I had a few days to mow through I had a really good shave, last nights was the best, using a fresh Astra SP and a few days growth a fantastic two pass shave was achieved.

Thank you to @celar for the opportunity to use this lovely razor, unfortunately, it isn’t the unicorn razor that would justify the cost, but it was a great experience regardless. The razor was sent off to Nico earlier this morning and he has the tracking number!