How do you clean your DE razors ?

Marcos

Forum GOD!
I use a toothbrush and Dawn dish soap on the razor when I do a blade change...otherwise I just loosen the head slightly and rinse When not changing the blade. I shave twice a week and use a blade 3x before I usually change it. Wipe down with a soft microfiber cloth.
 

Vacumatic

Testy
With my newish razors I just clean and dry the head with soft cotton or a tissue, I havent seen any dirt on my chrome Wilkinson or my Gillette Tech. I live in a soft water area so no water marks or scum.

I should be much more concerned about keeping my brush hygenically clean, even though it is stored on a stand upside down it remains wet all the time and probably with soap fat traces in the bristles.
 

TobyC

Patriot
With my newish razors I just clean and dry the head with soft cotton or a tissue, I havent seen any dirt on my chrome Wilkinson or my Gillette Tech. I live in a soft water area so no water marks or scum.

I should be much more concerned about keeping my brush hygenically clean, even though it is stored on a stand upside down it remains wet all the time and probably with soap fat traces in the bristles.
I too am blessed with soft water, which makes everything easier and better.

I keep my brushes on their flat bottoms as intended, but I make an effort to get them as dry as is reasonable before putting them away. I also have about fifteen brushes in rotation and they are completely dry by the time I get around to them again.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
IMG_20191225_230316.jpg


Cleaning time tonight!

Dish detergent
Toothbrush
Microfiber towel
Baby Oil in the handle & top cap threads
 

Koiguchi

Well-Known Member
I am wondering how you clean your DE or SE razors.
I have a 3 piece.When Im ready to shave I put it together and use it.
When done, I rinse each piece in very hot water, then towel dry each piece.
Then lay them on a shammie until next needed.

Once A month or when I buy a used razor I break out the Barbiside.

Ive taken old white crust off of used razors, after a 10 minute dip.

 
Top