Goatee / general trimming advice

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
OK, started as a joke but now a point of principal with youngest daughter who says I am looking like Paul Hollywood and she hates Paul Hollywood!!!!! I left a bit of a tache / goatee thing going on ( for a giggle ) which I am now persevering with due to the en passe with said daughter. It will come off at some stage I think ( although it is growing on me - no pun intended ) but it did focus my mind on trimming tools. I have a good nose / ear thing that is rechargeable but a silly little plastic adapter thing for trimming. We have a fully loaded Wahl trimmer for haircutting etc but that may be overkill and no good for detail.

So, what are the best trimmers ( preferably rechargeable ) for doing the daily / weekly maintenance on the close up goatee work? Corners of mouth etc - all those annoying little places where a single hair irritates.
 

Benz3ne

Forum GOD!
I have some facial hair (a cardinal sin, I know) and I use a CJB Shavette for the 'touch-ups' and edges. With little perseverance, it's a really useful tool for definition/lines etc. Requires little 'going over' and gets everything down nice and close.

Sorry this doesn't quite answer your question but it's really a workhorse for me - does the full shave and details should I so require.
 

ajc347

Forum GOD!
I just use a standard electric beard trimmer on my goatee and have done for years. They’re all much of a muchness if the truth be told.

It’s easy enough to do the final close trim with a pair of nail scissors (for stray hairs) and a DE, SE or Cart if needs be.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Nisse

Old geezer
Sporting a full beard I use a Wahl trimmer for major jobs and shavette/straight razor for for neckline and injector style razor for cheek line and tiny scissor for annoying hair from nose trying to join stash.
 

MrK1

Forum GOD!
Any decent beard trimmer should do. One with lots of adjustable lengths is preferable so you can experiment.

Then a DE os SE to tidy up. It took years of practice though.
I always messed up by trying to take a bit off one side then the other to match then repeating until I totally bolloxed it up.

I should have just got one of these:

View: https://youtu.be/ZziSXcXu1nI
 
Top