DR Harris Lavender shaving cream

Fozzie Bear

Forum Clod!
Quick review of this cream.

I have a thing for Lavender shaving creams and have tried quite a few.But this was my very first DR Harris cream. Purchased for £11.50 Sterling for 75 ml tube.

Razor: Parker Variant
Blade: New Astra SS.
Three pass shave WTG, XTG, ATG.

This cream bowl lathers really easily, doesn’t take to much water either.Scent wise very subdued, actually struggled a bit to pick up any great scent of the cream. But it’s definitely a sweeter more floral Lavender than a herbal medicinal lavender like Speick or Musgo Real. Very slick and easy to apply to the face.Completed a 3 pass shave and this is where the cream seemed to let me down a little. Some minor irritation nothing major, but it seems the cream lacks a little in the protection/cushioning dept in comparison to the 3 T”s (Trumper, Tobs and T&H). Certainly Trumpers Coconut and the 1805 T&H creams which I also own.

So wouldn’t buy again, but if looking for something similar try T& H Ultimate Comfort cream. Branded as scentless but in my opinion seems to have more of a Lavender scent than the Harris and provides better performance.

Attachments