Don't see these often. For collectors

R181

Grumpy old man
Yes, collectable for sure. There are several models of Gillette Toggles to be aware of but even the most common model carries a premium price. The other Gillette adjustable that is even pricier is the Gillette Bottom Dial and again there are several models varying in price. I was lucky enough to acquire decent condition examples of the common models of both the Toggle and Bottom dial at modest prices. To me they all shave like my run of the mill Fat Boy so the value is in collectability and not shaving prowess. That is not to say they won't shave extremely well when cranked to #9.

Bob
 

G_man

Forum GOD!
Another one is "Red dot". For sure more rare than Toggle. But probably not as expensive as Bottom dial would be today. Especially if it gets unnoticed by the seller :wink:

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
 
D

Deleted member 2294

Guest
could never get to like a toggle...handle always reminds me of a cigarette holder
 
D

Deleted member 476

Guest
Although I have zero personal experience with Gillette Toggles, I've read online from people who have and that they found them typically performing poorly. If true, the premium price commanded speaks to the rarity, rather than the performance.
 

R181

Grumpy old man
Although I have zero personal experience with Gillette Toggles, I've read online from people who have and that they found them typically performing poorly. If true, the premium price commanded speaks to the rarity, rather than the performance.
I think post #2 answers the how does it perform question and yes the value is in rarity. They shave, if using a #9 setting, like my Fat Boy also at #9 which is to say very well for me. The bottom Dial is the same for me also on the same setting. From experience I do not think they perform poorly.

Bob
 

TobyC

Patriot
Gillette marketing gone nuts, the toggle was the answer, but nobody ever really came up with a question for it other than; Why???.
 
Top