Best Neck Shaver??

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
I use a mid ‘30’s Schick E2 to shave my neck, but only ATG. Anyone have a better tool? I’d like to find one of those old Schick “Deb” razors.
 

slapo

It's... alive!
I use a mid ‘30’s Schick E2 to shave my neck, but only ATG. Anyone have a better tool? I’d like to find one of those old Schick “Deb” razors.
Are you talking about the back of the neck or the front?
I assume you mean the front, but I'd thought I'd check.
 

slapo

It's... alive!
Back. I use a mirror
Righto.
I use two mirrors for this (I have a couple of moles on the back of my neck I need to be rather careful around) so I prefer somewhat milder razors for this, as my fine motor skills aren't that great in combination with the mirrors.
So far, the ones I liked there were:
- Start 0.90 OC
- Gillette Old
- Gillette New SC
- Gillette Tech
- Karve OC plate F with Yaqi Knight Helmet top cap
- RazoRock Mamba (both 53 and 70)
- RazoRock Lupo (the aluminium one and the steel dual comb head)
- Supply Provision injector
- Occam's razor (this one: https://www.classicshaving.com/products/occams-razor)
- Colibri 1.30 mm OC head
- Colibri 1.50 mm SB plate with the PAA Meta-4 top cap
- Gillette Mach 3 Turbo
- Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Ascension

Open combs and large gap SB razors worked the best for me.
Of all of those, I think I liked the Karve OC plate F with Yaqi Knight Helmet top cap the most so far. I could hardly feel the blade, but it did the job admirably.

EDIT: The Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Ascension was one I forgot that was about on par with the (Karve F-OC plate + Yaqi Knight Helmer top cap) combination.
 
Last edited:

slapo

It's... alive!
Oh, I should also mention that the hair on the back of my neck grows in such a way that it lies flat on the skin and I found that a fluffy lather seems to help, at least during the first pass (have to do two because it grows in several directions there).
 

jeepie

Forum GOD!
I use a blackbird on the back of my neck. Just adopt a yoga contortion and send it; just feel only. Works remarkably (well).
 
Top