ATG Scuttle Group Buy - COLOUR POLL

What colour?

• Total voters

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
I've queried again as to the price, and if we can mix the colour choices (in case people want different things), and if that would affect the final price. Here's hoping it's a good one :)
Great, let's see what he comes back with! A little bit of a shame that he isn't prepared to do something a bit more unique for us, but I can understand why... You would think he would like the opportunity to get his creative juices flowing being an artist at heart but perhaps business demands he be quite strict with what he produces

Ram57

Forum GOD!
I have a medium in teak and my brother in law had medium in waterfall blue and I liked the Teak over the WF Blue. Much to my surprise my brother in law didn't like the waterfall pattern once he had it in hand and he eventually sold if off and bought a Dirty Bird after trying out my Dirty Bird 1.5.

To make our bowls unique could you ask Steve if possible to add dribble ports if desired? I had Julie add a dribble port to my 1.5 scuttle and since I hold the scuttle with my right hand, she had the port on the right side of the inner bowl as I hold the handle. Great to add water when needed for lather by tilting the bowl a way from you.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Thanks for the efforts and feedback Nick. I think the last picture would match my gifted Shavemac very well. I am waiting for Steve to bring out a burl wood type scuttle glaze. Anyway lets see what he says with regards to price and colours. Nothing to loose at this point and keeping patient with a close eye on the thread. Thanks again.

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
This just in, we're looking at 15% discount on the price (plus postage), which from the base price of £42 gives us £35.70 plus postage. We can also choose our colour separately, so there is no limit to one colour for the group buy :)

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
This just in, we're looking at 15% discount on the price (plus postage), which from the base price of £42 gives us £35.70 plus postage. We can also choose our colour separately, so there is no limit to one colour for the group buy :)
I'm out I'm afraid to say gents, I've just ordered this off of Steve's site; http://stevewoodheadceramics.co.uk/...rge-wet-shaving-suribachi-scuttle-2-blue.html

I couldn't justify the extra expense for the sake of a few small spots of blue glaze in the inner bowl... I'll still be watching this thread with interest and will post a pic of my bowl so I can pretend I belong :cheers:

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
Also thanks to Nick for organising this, it's just prompted me to pull the trigger and spend more money!

I was tempted to order a scuttle from an overseas potter who would be able to offer the glaze I wanted, but with shipping and poor exchange rates I was looking at between £70-£90... I just couldn't justify it so I did that thing called compromise... here's hoping it works out OK.

Ram57

Forum GOD!
Base price of 42 is the large Suribachi Scuttle and 38 for the large regular scuttle. Are we going with the Suribachi? A question that I is since Steve is allowing us a 15% discount over his regular 5% discount and going with his regular color scheme and bowls, would it be possible if Steve opened up the discount for group buy for all of his scuttles and bowls? I like the idea of 6" lather bowl instead of 4.25 of the large and I like his suribachi bowls he offers.

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
Base price of 42 is the large Suribachi Scuttle and 38 for the large regular scuttle. Are we going with the Suribachi? A question that I is since Steve is allowing us a 15% discount over his regular 5% discount and going with his regular color scheme and bowls, would it be possible if Steve opened up the discount for group buy for all of his scuttles and bowls? I like the idea of 6" lather bowl instead of 4.25 of the large and I like his suribachi bowls he offers.
Based on the poll results so far, yes :) Large scuttle, with lugs, suribachi bowl. I can ask if we can open up the group buy to other items he offers :)

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
Based on the poll results so far, yes :) Large scuttle, with lugs, suribachi bowl. I can ask if we can open up the group buy to other items he offers :)
You won't get a response from him anytime over this weekend... I just emailed him regarding overcharging of shipping and he's said he won't be able to look at it until next week... Bare that in mind when you order the group buy. His max charge should be £3.95 for up to 1kg but I was charged £9.90...

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
You won't get a response from him anytime over this weekend... I just emailed him regarding overcharging of shipping and he's said he won't be able to look at it until next week... Bare that in mind when you order the group buy. His max charge should be £3.95 for up to 1kg but I was charged £9.90...
Yeah he's away at an exhibition, which is why he took a while to reply earlier this week :)