Zingari Gypsy... going?

CalMorris93

Veteran
Hi All,

Slickboys were expecting stock of the above, but it was removed from the wholesale order last minute according to Finn @ Slickboys. He then went on to say that Zingari was unsure whether they would be re-stocking 'The Gypsy'. Anyone else heard echoes of this out in the shaving world? It is a great soap base and scent, and I can only assume by stock that it has clearly been a good seller.

Anyone more informed know more about the situation?

Thanks,

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Hi All,

Slickboys were expecting stock of the above, but it was removed from the wholesale order last minute according to Finn @ Slickboys. He then went on to say that Zingari was unsure whether they would be re-stocking 'The Gypsy'. Anyone else heard echoes of this out in the shaving world? It is a great soap base and scent, and I can only assume by stock that it has clearly been a good seller.

Anyone more informed know more about the situation?

Thanks,
Not heard about Gypsy per say but this has been happening with some of the limited run scents from Zingari before. Anticatura does have it in stock.

https://www.anticatura.com/search?q=gypsy*&type=product

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Yes buddy, I have some coming from Maggards with some other bits. I will likely order a back-up tub from Anticatura should the above be true.
Yep both soap and splash are in stock and as its booing from Europe you should get an order relatively quickly. They offer a €19 DHL shipping which I got my order from then in 2 days
Screenshot_20210721-110836.png
Screenshot_20210721-110822.png

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
if you use DHL doesn't it guarantee customs & handling fees?
Nope not a sausage if you order is under £135. The courier will only look to collect extra monies under 3 :
1. Your order total is over £135 you will have to pay VAT and an additional customs tax and you'll pay the DHL admin.
2. Your order is over £39 but has been marked as gift you will have to pay VAT and an additional customs tax and you'll pay the DHL admin.
3. Your order contains alcohol so you you will have to pay VAT and an additional customs tax, a duty fee for alcohol and you'll pay the DHL admin.

My order was under £135 and Anticatura marked it as shaving products purchased so I didn't pay any more. This is my 20th plus order via DHL and not been stung since the change in Jan. And i've had over 60 orders from international sellers using standard post coming into royal mail since Jan and I have not paid VAT at the vendors end and the orders have been marked accurately and i've paid nothing. So gone are the ransom notes for us from royal mail. :D all my analysis and predictions have proved to be true

UKRob

Forum GOD!
Could just be that the word Gypsy is now tainted - did you know that the Gypsy moth is to be re-named?

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Nope not a sausage if you order is under £135. The courier will only look to collect extra monies under 3 :
1. Your order total is over £135 you will have to pay VAT and an additional customs tax and you'll pay the DHL admin.
2. Your order is over £39 but has been marked as gift you will have to pay VAT and an additional customs tax and you'll pay the DHL admin.
3. Your order contains alcohol so you you will have to pay VAT and an additional customs tax, a duty fee for alcohol and you'll pay the DHL admin.

My order was under £135 and Anticatura marked it as shaving products purchased so I didn't pay any more. This is my 20th plus order via DHL and not been stung since the change in Jan. And i've had over 60 orders from international sellers using standard post coming into royal mail since Jan and I have not paid VAT at the vendors end and the orders have been marked accurately and i've paid nothing. So gone are the ransom notes for us from royal mail. :D all my analysis and predictions have proved to be true
Not in my experience, Mem. I've had quite a few alcohol splash and EdP orders shipped from the USA, all under the £135, and all delivered by DHL without fees applied.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Not in my experience, Mem. I've had quite a few alcohol splash and EdP orders shipped from the USA, all under the £135, and all delivered by DHL without fees applied.
If the dockets are sealed and don't show that alcohol or perfumes are included in the consignment then DHL will miss it. On paper they are meant to be charging the extra. But if they are missing it cos its not obvious or its in a folded section of a sealed shipment docket then you will be asked to pay.

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
If the dockets are sealed and don't show that alcohol or perfumes are included in the consignment then DHL will miss it. On paper they are meant to be charging the extra. But if they are missing it cos its not obvious or its in a folded section of a sealed shipment docket then you will be asked to pay.
Except that a dangerous goods fee was paid in each case for the specific contents. Every parcel had also been opened and secured again by DHL, plus with a DHL security checked sticker added.