Your wetshaving forum "path"

MPH

Forum GOD!
TSR->TSN->ATG. Still regularly look at all 3, but that seems a bit too much... Two seemed ok.

I have joined BB and SRP, but never really found reason to comment much. Don't really look on these now.

S

Shaun

Now now, a link to another forum......tsk tsk that'll get moderated outta here!
It'll get moderated alright - to add the proper (shorter) link instead of that Google search monstrous one ... :D

TSR exists, as do other shaving forums, and providing links are useful and relevant to the discussion, and helpful to ATG members, then I can't see a problem. It would only really be an issue if someone turned up and tried to spam links, but that isn't the case here.

I'm sure other people will create similar links back to ATG over time and it would be small-minded and petty of ATG to try and stop that happening the other way.

At the end of the day, if it helps someone learn something or find what they need, then ATG has done its job! :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Gordy

Legendary Member
Well said Shaun! I'm all for learning as much as I can and it's a fact that the information here has migrated from other forums. This is exactly why I drop in on the others time and again. It's a shame that the rest can't follow this example though.

Lord Fatboy

Forgo Mud !
Champion ! I've got three british made Star blades. I'm still working on SEs (have to get a 1924 to complete the "basic" '12-'14-'24-Featherweight-Junior line-up and lather catchers & micromatics are still missing from the collection... and haven't even really started with Injectors yet). Then it'll be straights... It's a longer "path" (a psychopath) than I thought when I started with a Slim Twist, an Omega and a pack of Astras.

Last edited:

MrK1

Forum GOD!
While trawling the internet one day, I accidently found B&B (was very disappointed to discover it didn't stand for Big & Bouncy) but decided to have a read anyway. From there it was TSR then TSN and then TSD and now here.

PLANofMAN

Retro Razor Junkie
1) Where did you start?
2) What was your path?
3) Has the creation of ATG changed how you participate on other forums?

Me:
Started:
Started at B&B

My path:

I think my path went something like:
B&B -> TSN -> TSD -> TSR -> DFS -> ATG

Out of those six I think I'm content with only participating on TSD, TSR and ATG going forward.
(Sure, being banned on B&B and TSN helps with that decision :D)

Post-ATG creation

My TSD participation had already dropped quite a bit. The forum has seen some odd changes.
I still really do like TSR and there's some great people there and will continue to participate there
Even thought it's still small..I have to say ATG is very much a very nice place to hang out. Great job.
I lurked on The Shave Den for several years. Actually joined Badger & Blade so I could view the photos people upload, but rarely posted.

Joined TSD, and became a participant seven or eight years ago.
Joined TSR and TSN around the same time last year to comment on the Blackland Blackbird threads. Found TSN to be rather off-putting and cliquish. Enjoyed TSR and split my time between TSR and TSD. After getting more and more annoyed at the heavy handed censorship at TSR (I don't blame you, @Nick_S ), I came here (ATG) shortly after it was founded.

I now spend most of my time here, followed by the shave den. I still respond to interesting threads over at TSR, but my participation there is dwindling as the community here becomes more active.

I still occasionally visit B&B and TSN, mostly on the brief occasions when I have to look something up or am looking for information about a rare shaving item.

Last edited:

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
Started with B&B around Dec. 2009 or early (Jan./Feb.) 2010 as member.
A month or so later joined TSR.

Been banned from B&B twice.

Been banned from TSR for 20 minutes or so at some stage because something acquisition-related (as usual) drove the people wild, in a positive sense.
That was lots of fun.

Also member in: TSN / Spanish forum (AfeitadoClassico) / Portuguese forum / French forum (Rasage Traditionnel) / Italian forum (Il Rasoio, absolute minimum participation) / Greek forum.

TSR is like shaving 'home' to me and holds a very special place in my heart; it's the place where I grew up on anything relating to wet shaving and got to know great folks.

Robyflexx

Forum GOD!
Started at TSD all was good for a while then people and their posts began disappearing and after a few PM's which rubbed me the wrong way started my own forum with Kerry aka RaZorBurn123 theshavinggroup. A bunch of TSD members and some from here are there as well. Checked out TSR for a bit made great friends. Got banned last week for including smilies in my posts. Received an invite for ATG and very happy I did. :happy: