Your TV viewing as a Child?

Cristobal

Forum GOD!

The French dubbed version is actually way funnier than the original English version, because back in the day the actors dubbing were allowed some liberties and they added improvised jokes. I've been told that also the case in the German version.

bchaffin72

The wizard next door
Fortunately/unfortunately (you decide) the country I grew up in did not have television. I didn’t get exposed to the box until I came to Canada for university. I can remember only a few of the programmes I watched: the original Star Trek (Kirk/Shatner is an alumnus of the university I attended), The Monkees, Ironside, Dr Findlay’s Case Book, Dr Who ; that’s all I can remember, but there were many others. The first television programme I watched was in my hotel in London on my way to Canada, and it completely fascinated me, not because it was good (it was terrible) but because it was the first; it was the Ken Dodd Show. Growing up then, radio was my daily pre-occupation and to this day (53 years later) I remain a dedicated radio listener, AM, FM and SW.
Well, to be honest, I barely watch the thing anymore. I haven't been an avid TV watcher since the 90s, when I was into Babylon 5 and a few other shows of the time. I've always been into Esoteric stuff, so these last couple decades you're more likely to find my nose in a book than my eyes on a TV screen.

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
Fortunately/unfortunately (you decide) the country I grew up in did not have television. I didn’t get exposed to the box until I came to Canada for university. I can remember only a few of the programmes I watched: the original Star Trek (Kirk/Shatner is an alumnus of the university I attended), The Monkees, Ironside, Dr Findlay’s Case Book, Dr Who ; that’s all I can remember, but there were many others. The first television programme I watched was in my hotel in London on my way to Canada, and it completely fascinated me, not because it was good (it was terrible) but because it was the first; it was the Ken Dodd Show. Growing up then, radio was my daily pre-occupation and to this day (53 years later) I remain a dedicated radio listener, AM, FM and SW.
My memory is starting to work regarding programmes I watched and liked: Danger Man, The Prisoner, The Avengers, Danger Mouse, Laugh In, Maverick, Saturday Night at the Movies with Elwy Yost (a programme produced by TV Ontario). I liked Danger Mouse so much that my daughter gave a complete set of Danger Mouse CDs. I’m sure more will come to mind as I follow this thread

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
Monkey

Wanderly Wagon - Irish puppet show

and loads of Re-run Gerry Anderson shows, Space 1999, Capt Scarlet, Joe 90 (a nickname for we used for a B0Lo of a teacher as well :)) and 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!
Thunderbirds - FAB :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks to Monkey and the enlightenment of Buddhism, I questioned my Catholicism at the age of 12.
Much to my mothers shame.