Your TV viewing as a Child?

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV & Entertainment' started by JamieM, Apr 12, 2019 at 4:20 PM.

1. JamieM

JamieM Forum GOD!

The Saga of Noggin the Nog King of the Nogs, this was one of my all-time favourites as a Child during the early 1960s, I wonder what today's Children would think of it?

Paper Plane, Boru62, Nishy and 4 others like this.
  2. culcreuch

culcreuch Ooooops!

Don't think they would bother watching it.......not enough gore!
    It's amazing how influential the old Children's Programmes could be. My absolute favourite was The Magic Roundabout....but I have fond memories of Captain Pugwash and until I moved to Wales 10 years ago I firmly believed it was as displayed by Ivor The Engine. Now I know it is pretty similar only in colour!

3. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Über Member

I remember watching The Lone Ranger, Davey and Goliath, Superman, Speed Racer and Sesame Street which came out when I was 7.

JamieM and Gasman like this.
  4. Pat-W

Pat-W Legendary Member

hqdefault.jpg

Joe 90

Captain Scarlet

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019 at 5:53 PM
  5. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Speed Racer. Wow, i havent thought of that one in a long time. Peabudy and mister wizard. Oh, the bullwinkle show.

JamieM and MntnMan62 like this.
  6. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Über Member

I forgot about Rocky and Bullwinkle. And after Sesame Street came out, Zoom came out. I didn’t like that one. Of all of them, Speed Racer was my favorite. Loved the car.

Batch300, JamieM and Gasman like this.
  7. TobyC

TobyC Ghost of the Past

Mighty Mouse, Captain Kangaroo, Superman, Batman, Star Trek when they weren't reruns, Man from Uncle, Gilligan's Island, Jackie Gleason~Honeymooners, My Favorite Martian, Red Skelton was a real hoot! The Adam's Family, the Munsters, F Troop,.... I could go on forever!!!

Batch300, Pat-W, JamieM and 1 other person like this.
  8. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Über Member

I used to love watching The Jackie Gleason Show (his variety show) when my parents would let me stay up. “ How Saweeeeet It Is!” And somehow, even though I was 4 or 5 at the time, I knew that wasn’t coffee in his cup.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019 at 6:50 PM
    TobyC likes this.
  9. TobyC

TobyC Ghost of the Past

Andy Griffith, Adam 12, The Beverly Hillbillies, Bewitched, Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Paladin, Flipper, Gomer Pyle, lassie, The twighlight Zone, Rawhide, Time tunnel, Voyage to the bottom of the sea,....

Fox, Batch300 and JamieM like this.
  10. TobyC

TobyC Ghost of the Past

Thunderbirds

[​IMG]

eddie2002, Pat-W and JamieM like this.
  11. DamianJ

DamianJ Forum GOD!

A couple that spring to mind,

Button Moon
    Jamie and his magic torch
    Danger mouse

Fox, Pat-W, 2hot 2trot and 1 other person like this.
  12. TobyC

TobyC Ghost of the Past

Johnny Quest, The Flintstones.

2hot 2trot and JamieM like this.
  13. les24preludes

les24preludes Über Member

The Grove Family, The Appleyards, In Town Tonight, Bill and Ben Flowerpot Men, Wells Fargo, Roy Rogers, The Lone Ranger, The Cisco Kid, The Coronation, Newsreel (with music)....

14. JamieM

JamieM Forum GOD!

Marine Boy, Giganto the Space age Robot, Journey to the centre of the Earth, Stingray, Journey to the bottom of the sea, Robinson Crusoe, HR Puffin stuff, Tintin.

Optometrist, TobyC, Pat-W and 2 others like this.
  15. Northam Saint

Northam Saint Forum GOD!

Basil Brush show.
    Double Deckers.
    Thunderbirds.

To name a few.

Optometrist, TobyC, Pat-W and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice