Your coffee brewing method

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
View attachment 53652
After 8 years of sterling service the boiler cap moulding sheared off whilst I was tightening the cap. Being Swiss every part is replaceable and it only costs €70 plus another €20 to ship it 🤪

(The Italian machine that preceded this one had far cheaper parts that were available in the UK, which was just as well as it proved less reliable than a 1980 Alfa)
Gaggia?

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
Seeing that work of art has me salivating for one again. I have my eye on this one:

Lelit Mara PL62T. Very small footprint for my tiny coffee bar area.

image.png

I'd love this one with the dual boilers but my wife would kill me.

image.png

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I bought a stainless steel filter for my Aeropress a few months back, I’m not sure about the claims that the coffee tastes better but I do like the fact that it’s reusable and should last forever.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Reviving an old thread, I’ve just bought a Nespresso machine and have been enjoying perfect latte every time, I love it! Previously I had a Tassimo but the coffee from the Nespresso is far, far better.

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
Reviving an old thread, I’ve just bought a Nespresso machine and have been enjoying perfect latte every time, I love it! Previously I had a Tassimo but the coffee from the Nespresso is far, far better.
My wife loves the coffee from our Nespresso machine. I do too, but like to brew my big cup of coffee in a French press, saving the Nespresso for my daily hit(s) of espresso.

Razorman

Forum GOD!
Before I settled on a Chemex, I wanted to upgrade my Brevelle espresso machine with a La Pavoni but decided not to because it was so expensive. Maybe one day.:rolleyes:

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
I've been making coffee all WRONG! I assumed an espresso cup "full" was one espresso. Turns out that I am COMPLETELY wrong. I'd be pulling 2 espresso cups worth from ~18g coffee, probably double what I should have been.
A double espresso fills one of my espresso cups!
So my coffee is now much nicer!

Reactions: p.b

Cheesepiece

Stickler
Coffee journey so far:
Aeropress acquired Oct '19.
Highly satisfied with that and the beans from anywhere I can get them. About 70% of the time I will be only making one cup. About 25% I'll be making two cups and on the odd occasion I'll be making 3 or more.
Making any more than one cup is a bit of faff with the Aeropress.
About 4 weeks ago I got a Hario V60 from Pact, £7 with a bag of beans to see if the other highly recommended and cheap alternative to the Aeropress was worth a bash.
Certainly it is. 2 cups is just as easy as one and thats about 95% of my coffee making / drinking covered.
I think the grounds from Pact on their medium grind pair so well with the v60 it'll be my preferred method of brewing any more than 1 cup. The results are just spot on.
For one cup, the Aeropress and store bought beans produce almost equal results but once you increase the quantity of cups you're into faffing about and hassle im not interested in.
Tastes can change, palettes can become more discerning, that's a given. But right now, I've got all the bases covered for my usage.

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
Coffee journey so far:
Aeropress acquired Oct '19.
Highly satisfied with that and the beans from anywhere I can get them. About 70% of the time I will be only making one cup. About 25% I'll be making two cups and on the odd occasion I'll be making 3 or more.
Making any more than one cup is a bit of faff with the Aeropress.
About 4 weeks ago I got a Hario V60 from Pact, £7 with a bag of beans to see if the other highly recommended and cheap alternative to the Aeropress was worth a bash.
Certainly it is. 2 cups is just as easy as one and thats about 95% of my coffee making / drinking covered.
I think the grounds from Pact on their medium grind pair so well with the v60 it'll be my preferred method of brewing any more than 1 cup. The results are just spot on.
For one cup, the Aeropress and store bought beans produce almost equal results but once you increase the quantity of cups you're into faffing about and hassle im not interested in.
Tastes can change, palettes can become more discerning, that's a given. But right now, I've got all the bases covered for my usage.
Nice that you found what works for you. Hearing you talk about the hassles of making more than one cup with the Aeropress gives me enough reason not to bother getting one. When I'm taking the time to make myself some coffee, I want more than one cup. Using a french press I will make myself enough for two healthy sized mugs of cafe au lait. Thinking about going for a pour over for something a little different.

Cheesepiece

Stickler
Nice that you found what works for you. Hearing you talk about the hassles of making more than one cup with the Aeropress gives me enough reason not to bother getting one. When I'm taking the time to make myself some coffee, I want more than one cup. Using a french press I will make myself enough for two healthy sized mugs of cafe au lait. Thinking about going for a pour over for something a little different.
I'm no expert but if you're looking for two cups i find the Hario v60 a doddle and the end results are right up there for me, as good as the best coffee shops I've got on hand locally. And Belfast is inundated with good places for coffee.

Memhis

Forum GOD!
Moka in the morning, when in hurry. Coffe usual what is on discount (currently Lavazza Super Crema). Grinded in tin for weekly use. Afternoon Hario v60 with fresh grinded specialty coffe (currently Peru/cattura), for pleasure. Melitta Molino grinder. Simple and effective.