8. SeanC
9. Chris.Hale
10. slapo
11. bagman
12. Jeepie
13. @Steven_jagger

Stonec0ld

Forum GOD!
OK so initial thoughts after my first shave.

Firstly, I know it's Yates Precision Manufacturing, but I just see Pym on the label then throughout the entire shave I had the words pym particles going round in my head.

Next, the packaging. I know it doesn't really make a difference as you don't shave with it, but I really liked the way it was packaged up, classy and high quality. Felt like a premium product. I had to go back and check the price on the website, $125 so comes in less than a Karve, although I realise that's for a single base plate and handle option.

I unpacked it all and had a look, I don't think the handles look all that bad, yes one does look too long and thin, the other too short and fat, but looks wise they're OK. I started with the long handle, M plate and a fresh London Bridge. The weight and balance felt good in the hand, which surprised me as I don't normally like a long handle. It was easy to find the right shaving angle and there was plenty of audio feedback, some but not a lot of blade feel. One thing I did find was a bit of drag, I don't know if my Lather was a bit dry or if the razor didn't bring enough water to the face, but it wasn't smooth like butter, particularly when quickly going over a patch a 2nd time without adding Lather which is normally fine.

I did my normal 2 passes and was left with a very close shave, perhaps not as close as with the Menlo or the Gillette long comb NEW I've been using recently, but better than the Sabre.

So first impressions are good overall a decent shaver and I quite liked the long handle, just need to work on technique or Lather, maybe keep it wetter. Tomorrow I think maybe the fat handle on the M or keep the long handle and move up to the H

Screenshot_20210814-073126_Gallery.jpg

Stonec0ld

Forum GOD!
Tried the shorter thicker handle on the Yates razor today and I didn't like it, it just felt too heavy and cumbersome. Very surprising that I preferred the long. Still a very close shave with the M plate, but perhaps a little disconnected for me, I prefer a bit more blade feel. The whole thing was a bit clunky and cumbersome with no refinement. Tje Lather was wetter, but a bit draggy still, maybe the bead blasted finish? I dunno, it was a good close shave but so far I'm not wowed. Think I'll try the H tomorrow.

Screenshot_20210814-171410_Facebook.jpg

Morpheus

Forum GOD!
Gents, updated to reflect my user name change.

1. p.b * Completed *
2. Boycie83 *Completed*
3. wooky114 * Completed*
4. Masamune *Completed*
5. Stonec0ld *With*
6. Morpheus
7. Rowlers
8. SeanC
9. Chris.Hale
10. slapo
11. bagman
12. Jeepie
13. @Steven_jagger

Stonec0ld

Forum GOD!
OK so I've had 2 shaves with the M (one with slim one with chubby handle), then 2 shaves with the H and 2 with the EH both with slim.

Still getting a little drag regardless of angle or Lather, not sure why but the only other time I've experienced this is with the Henson. I'm putting it down to the head blasted finish.

As for the plates, M was too disconnected for me it had a little audio feedback but not a lot of blade feel. I felt like I couldn't tell what had been shaved and what hadn't so I was going over and over bits.

H was better, more audio feedback and blade feel, gave me a decent shave, but I wanted more. Enter the EH plate, lovely feedback, nice amount of blade feel and a BBS Shave. It wasn't threatening at all, I never felt like it was going to bite. This would be the one for me, except for the drag. The only thing I've not tried is a different blade, I'll try that next maybe the fat handle too.

Screenshot_20210818-171916_Gallery.jpg

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
1. p.b * Completed *
2. Boycie83 *Completed*
3. wooky114 * Completed*
4. Masamune *Completed*
5. Stonec0ld *Completed*
6. Morpheus *On way*
7. Rowlers
8. SeanC
9. Chris.Hale
10. slapo
11. bagman
12. Jeepie

Last edited:

Morpheus

Forum GOD!
Razor now in my possession all, I will be trying it out for the first time later this afternoon.

1. p.b * Completed *
2. Boycie83 *Completed*
3. wooky114 * Completed*
4. Masamune *Completed*
5. Stonec0ld *Completed*
6. Morpheus *With*
7. Rowlers
8. SeanC
9. Chris.Hale
10. slapo
11. bagman
12. Jeepie