Yaqi & Razorock Inspirations

owlman

Forum GOD!
It's just copy paste and a bad version at that.
Yes, that was my first thought when I saw it. Apparently their Henson-inspired head shaves much different than the original (I used it for a few shaves and found it very aggressive, but I have to experience with the original to compare), so in addition to them copying your design, they may also give a completely wrong impression of the item.

(My previous post was an attempt at sarcasm, I'm sorry if I didn't manage to make that self-evident.)

Hone

Forum GOD!
Artisan
Yes I get it now is there nothing you can do to yaqi for coping your idea....
I am a one person company so my options are limited. I can send them an e-mail/letter... I doubt they would heed it. I could ask via the EUIPO office to get imports blocked based on my registered IP, but it's not like they are importing 10,000's of them so they will just continue to slip through. And that would only be to the EU, the rest of the world I can't afford protection for. And any resource I put into this just takes away from the rest of my limited resources of cash/time... Letting the community know is already a good thing so maybe the enthusiasts pick for the original.

Hone

Forum GOD!
Artisan
Yes, that was my first thought when I saw it. Apparently their Henson-inspired head shaves much different than the original (I used it for a few shaves and found it very aggressive, but I have to experience with the original to compare), so in addition to them copying your design, they may also give a completely wrong impression of the item.

(My previous post was an attempt at sarcasm, I'm sorry if I didn't manage to make that self-evident.)
I read it as intended :D No negativity from me in the slightest. Have to laugh at these things, not much else to be done.

LeeMaz

Forum GOD!
Its a blatant copy even down to the stand. And we aren’t talking about a design of a razor that’s long out of business and decades old, there’s some wiggle room there in reviving an old long since lost design/company, eg like the Gibbs Heritage Homage. It very disappointing Andrew. I’ll admit I was intrigued when I first saw it but just couldn’t buy it as the more I thought about it the more I couldn’t condone such a clear copy. I suppose the only slight positive is it shows the interest there still is in your design and hopefully this will pay off in any future AC or alternative DE designs you make.

Last edited:
I am a one person company so my options are limited. I can send them an e-mail/letter... I doubt they would heed it. I could ask via the EUIPO office to get imports blocked based on my registered IP, but it's not like they are importing 10,000's of them so they will just continue to slip through. And that would only be to the EU, the rest of the world I can't afford protection for. And any resource I put into this just takes away from the rest of my limited resources of cash/time... Letting the community know is already a good thing so maybe the enthusiasts pick for the original.
Definitely that's so wrong I would not touch one from them..I could use stronger language but I would get band...all the best SAM....