Wow, the best shaving bowl ever is a dog bowl!

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
My dog bowl (black) has finally arrived the other day. Wow, it's a cheat!

It stains easily with soap residue though. And I'm curious if there ever will develop a funky smell (appears to be absent as of now).
But currently, it's a very interesting tool.

Thanks for the tip!
Mine are the Amazon ones as shown. Been using one of them for a year now. No staining at all and certainly 'funkless'.

Screenshot 2020-10-27 at 12.01.52.png

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
I have to say I'm the biggest sucker out there for the latest and greatest. But I also have to say that when I look at those large nubs on the bottom of the cup they just seem like overkill to me. In fact they are so big I would think they would just get in the way. I've got a den full of stuff including 7 different lather bowls/scuttles plus two more I bought and gave to my son. But this one will never be part of my collection. I have bowls that are absolutely smooth inside and I never have a problem working up a lather with them. I think I'm good with what I have.

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
I have to say I'm the biggest sucker out there for the latest and greatest. But I also have to say that when I look at those large nubs on the bottom of the cup they just seem like overkill to me. In fact they are so big I would think they would just get in the way. I've got a den full of stuff including 7 different lather bowls/scuttles plus two more I bought and gave to my son. But this one will never be part of my collection. I have bowls that are absolutely smooth inside and I never have a problem working up a lather with them. I think I'm good with what I have.
'Nubist' - :wink:

Dcw7830

Forum GOD!
I've got one of these and the nubs have cratered a couple of synthetic brushes that I've used. (Doughnut hole in the centre). They do help break in boar and badger brushes quickly with no noticeable issues however

1964geo

Forum GOD!
My slow feed dog bowl makes fantastic lather. I was worried about making a hole in the brush. Consciously move brush in various directions. As has already been said great for breaking in boar brush.

Charcoal

Soothsayer of the Obscure
I have a few collapsible dog bowls. Mainly for travel and such. I got mine nubbless thou. Say no to the NUBBS!!!!!