Worst Mitchell's ever?

Thalasos

Forum GOD!
There was a (Spanish) thread where we praise MWF. Some of us even when have faced bad lathering experiences once and then. Lately things became worst, with several newcomers kicking up a fuss on this subject: airy foam, lack of consistency, unable to lather. I have recently bought three pucks (7-15 months ago) to reinforce my British soap den, (fearing for future availability, you already know why, gentlemen) and just last Wednesday opt to unwrapped one of them, giving it a chance.

Results? I have a new bathtube comrade, not a shaving soap ever.

20200724_092105.jpg

20200724_092038.jpg
20200724_092555.jpg
20200724_092649.jpg

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
I don't think the aroma justifies the bother. I have some, but I don't use it. Lathers OK, though. I'm currently enjoying Speick, which is altogether more interesting.

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
This is also my experience with the Fat.

@Wayne & @Blademonkey could help here with some secret technique..
There is no secret technique or any bother needed to lather this soap in my experience.
If you can't do it don't worry about it there are plenty of soaps to try, just don't rubbish the soap because you can't lather it, move on! P.
image.jpeg

Perfect thick stable lather knocked up with ease...........no specai tecnique needed!

Last edited:

NeilJ

Forum GOD!
I've really never understood the difficulty in creating a superb lather with MWF, I've never treated it any differently from any other hard soap but like others have said there are plenty of other options out there. Shame really as once you find the right knack there really isn't many better soaps out there in my opinion. One thing I do find is that similar to DR Harris soaps , the more regular you use them the better they seem to perform.

Nav

Forum GOD!
There was a (Spanish) thread where we praise MWF. Some of us even when have faced bad lathering experiences once and then. Lately things became worst, with several newcomers kicking up a fuss on this subject: airy foam, lack of consistency, unable to lather. I have recently bought three pucks (7-15 months ago) to reinforce my British soap den, (fearing for future availability, you already know why, gentlemen) and just last Wednesday opt to unwrapped one of them, giving it a chance.

Results? I have a new bathtube comrade, not a shaving soap ever.

View attachment 73340
View attachment 73341View attachment 73342View attachment 73343
There are many reports of dodgy pucks lately, it's getting kind of concerning!

Could you please grate half the puck and press it into the container and see how it performs?

If that doesn't work, please use the other half as a shaving stick.

People have resorted to soaking the puck in water or to bloom the puck for a long time but no one has done the above two things.

Please could you do this as an experiment for the forum?