Wolfman WR2

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
Nice! Expect some kind of review! You pleased with the weight by going for hollow handle? Customs get you?
Yeah it’s closer to titanium in weight but it has good balance because of the weight in the head. I did get stung by customs, an eye watering £82! Review will definitely be forthcoming.

Masamune

Forum GOD!
🤩 shiny shiny
I'm sure the customs will be forgotten once the shaves begin.

I'm leaning towards a hollow handle as well but maybe the WRH3 or WHR7 could be too light?

WR1 + WRH3 69g
WR1 + WRH7 68g

WRH2 (hollow) or even a Darwin may work out better... at least I've got months to ponder and change my mind, several times over.

Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 20.46.09.png

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
I am so happy with this razor, it’s absurd. So smooth in use, doesn’t feel at all aggressive even at a 1.25 blade gap. Just efficient and gets the job done. I’ve had little to no irritation after each shave too. This is the only DE I want in my den going forward. Seriously considering selling off everything else except the Leaf for head shaves. This is that good.

Used two blades with it so far, Nacet and Wizamet. I think I slightly preferred the Nacet but will keep experimenting.

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
I am so happy with this razor, it’s absurd. So smooth in use, doesn’t feel at all aggressive even at a 1.25 blade gap. Just efficient and gets the job done. I’ve had little to no irritation after each shave too. This is the only DE I want in my den going forward. Seriously considering selling off everything else except the Leaf for head shaves. This is that good.

Used two blades with it so far, Nacet and Wizamet. I think I slightly preferred the Nacet but will keep experimenting.
Wow, now you got me thinking!

halvor

a most elusive fish

Give a Shark a try. All are good, but Platinums are my thing. Might be coincidental, but I struggled with getting consistent shaves with my WR2 (same config as yours I believe) until finding these.

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
Give a Shark a try. All are good, but Platinums are my thing. Might be coincidental, but I struggled with getting consistent shaves with my WR2 (same config as yours I believe) until finding these.
I’ll give them a try, think I’ve got a pack in there. I struggled with Platinums in the Karve but might be different in the Wolfman.

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
That’s not always a good thing, speaking from experience of how I start thinking whenever someone mentions a cool razor!
So considering my order was for 1.15, you think 1.25 is the potential sweet spot?

I'm 39, 40 in March and I have it in my head this is a 40th birthday present. Cheaper than a motorbike! Although I'm very happy with blackbird and vector, so much so they are my only razors and I've not even been tempted.

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
So considering my order was for 1.15, you think 1.25 is the potential sweet spot?

I'm 39, 40 in March and I have it in my head this is a 40th birthday present. Cheaper than a motorbike! Although I'm very happy with blackbird and vector, so much so they are my only razors and I've not even been tempted.
I was a bit worried about the 1.25 as I’m not into really aggressive razors, but on another forum I was reading advice about the sweet spot configs for this razor and the 1.25 came up as a great daily driver. Having now used it lots of times it’s a great example of how blade gap doesn’t govern aggressiveness, it’s all in the design.

There’s a little blade feel but it’s just really smooth, not at all aggressive or bitey. So yeah I’d say a 1.25 hits the sweet spot.

RiverMan

Forum GOD!
I sent in one of the email order forms the other evening for a WR2. Still can’t quite get comfortable with the cost but I can at least think about it over the next 9-12 months.. It might just about make sense if I also sell a couple of razors at the same time.