Wolfman gap

neko

Drinking a nice cup of tea
Have you tried different blades? Gillette Platinums and Super Iridiums tend to work well with the WR2. If that doesn't work, the closest to the Game Changer 0.84 SB would be the WR2 1.05 SB. The WR1 0.61 and 0.67 SBs are scalpels compared to the Game Changer 0.84 SB.

Zhang Doe

Veteran
I’m finding my 1.15 gap to be too harsh despite persistence.. I’ve decided to sell it and got myself on the list for a 0.95 gap a few months ago but was wondering if anyone with experience had any thoughts on whether I’m just flogging a dead horse? Is there a significant difference between gaps or would I perhaps be better off looking at the WR1?

for reference, my favourite razor so far is the GC84.
I went up to 1.45 and felt it was smoother. I guess depends on the angle at which you shave. Sometimes the larger gaps give you more angles to work with.

Blackie

Forum GOD!
I’m finding my 1.15 gap to be too harsh despite persistence.. I’ve decided to sell it and got myself on the list for a 0.95 gap a few months ago but was wondering if anyone with experience had any thoughts on whether I’m just flogging a dead horse? Is there a significant difference between gaps or would I perhaps be better off looking at the WR1?

for reference, my favourite razor so far is the GC84.
Wow, that's certainly YMMV stuff.
I had both GC .68, and .84 and didn't like the shave at all.
Used decent blades, good soap...could not get a nice smooth shave out of the GC and sold it off.
Bought the WR2 1.15 DC (SB/OC) and it was too mild!
Lovely smooth shave, but I had other razors that took me closer. WR2 is now sold too.
What blades do you use in the WR2, and GC?

RiverMan

Veteran
Wow, that's certainly YMMV stuff.
I had both GC .68, and .84 and didn't like the shave at all.
Used decent blades, good soap...could not get a nice smooth shave out of the GC and sold it off.
Bought the WR2 1.15 DC (SB/OC) and it was too mild!
Lovely smooth shave, but I had other razors that took me closer. WR2 is now sold too.
What blades do you use in the WR2, and GC?
it certainly is a ymmv case. It’s quite disappointing as the razor is a fabulous piece of craftsmanship and I had been looking forward to it for some time. As far as I’m aware there’s no option to return the baseplate for a different gap so my only option is to sell it and get back on the waiting list for one last throw of the dice. I got back on the list for a 0.95 in June.

I’ve used Astra SPs, which are my go to blade, and Personna Meds, which I usually find to be sharp but very smooth, and get a lot of irritation with both.