WOD

D

Deleted member 476

Slow start indeed. Busy Y/E at work, started the new year off with a cold, then it got down to a bone chilling -36C here this week. This next week should be much more favourable and back into the sunny +Celcius ranges. Still got some activities in here and there and will update later.

Still rooting for you guys, so lead the way and we'll follow.

D

Deleted member 476

2020-Week 3
Warmed up enough (+C), to get some first biking of the new year in. Much more of a workout on snow covered trails.

Sun - off
Mon - Bike 13km
Tue - Bike 39km
Wed - Bike 12km
Thu- 5km walk. 90min. Shinny hockey
Fri - 6km walk. Bike 12km
Sat - off

1580060228752.png

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 476

2020-Week 4
More workout's, bike riding the snowy trails this week. 124km for the week and 5lbs lost in last 2 weeks. yip yip!

Sun - Bike 13km
Mon - Bike 25km
Tue - Bike 12km
Wed - Off
Thu- Bike 20km
Fri - Bike 36km
Sat - Bike 18km

bike snow1.jpg
bike snow 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

junipertar

Forum GOD!
Joined a gym as I felt my strength level was not in line with my kettlebell training goals. Started doing a modified version of StrongLifts 5 x 5. Last night was:

Front Squat: 90 kg
Back Squat: 90 kg
Bench: 60 kg
Shoulder Press: 50 kg
Deadlift: 120 kg

I aim to gradually build up to 100 kg bench, 140 kg squat & 180 kg deadlift so that the double kettlebell work with 24 kgs feels easier. And then maybe shoot for the 1.000 lbs club, anyone a member here? :D

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Joined a gym as I felt my strength level was not in line with my kettlebell training goals. Started doing a modified version of StrongLifts 5 x 5. Last night was:

I aim to gradually build up to 100 kg bench, 140 kg squat & 180 kg deadlift so that the double kettlebell work with 24 kgs feels easier. And then maybe shoot for the 1.000 lbs club, anyone a member here? :D
Not replied much here at I've just been too busy to keep to a decent routine. But sticking to the big three, I've been benching 110kg, squatting 140kg and deadlifting 160kg 5x5. I'm sure I could push this higher with a proper diet & routine. I've also been on the turbo trainer 2-3 times a week trying to keep the weight down. Don't think it's working though :happy:

junipertar

Forum GOD!
Not replied much here at I've just been too busy to keep to a decent routine. But sticking to the big three, I've been benching 110kg, squatting 140kg and deadlifting 160kg 5x5. I'm sure I could push this higher with a proper diet & routine. I've also been on the turbo trainer 2-3 times a week trying to keep the weight down. Don't think it's working though :happy:
Hmm, 160 kg 5x5 deadlift would make your one rep max what, 180 kg+, maybe 190kg? Not too shabby at all mate :okay: A 5-6% overall progress would make you a member of the club, you're already at the door :training::boxing:

Benz3ne

Forum GOD!
Bit late, but have done a few 5km Parkrun recently with timings as follows:
25:12
23:30
23:10

Need to get sub-23 next time, but have missed the last two weekends with prior commitments a fortnight ago and headaches stopping me in my tracks last weekend. I will, however, be receiving a treadmill from my brother and wife soon so will have no excuse to not do 20 minutes here and there!

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Hmm, 160 kg 5x5 deadlift would make your one rep max what, 180 kg+, maybe 190kg? Not too shabby at all mate :okay: A 5-6% overall progress would make you a member of the club, you're already at the door :training::boxing:
According to my tracking app, my estimated 1rm is in indeed 180kg. I reckon that is probably about right. Hopefully I can get in a routine shortly and get it on the bike, burn the fat off and maintain a bit of strength...

Lord Fatboy

Forgo Mud !

Glad to see you've left momentum behind - for now - and joined the tension squad. :D

junipertar

Forum GOD!
Glad to see you've left momentum behind - for now - and joined the tension squad. :D
Oh yes. Come to think of it, I haven't been "lifting" weights for the past 5 years & really felt the decrease in strength. I'm hoping to recover what's left of it as soon as I can :training: Last night was:

Front Squat: 90 KG - Felt good
Bench Press: 70 KG - Felt difficult. Not too concerned about the weight on the bar at this stage but the balance wasn't there.
Shoulder Press: 50 KG - Was OK
Pull Ups: 3 sets > 10 - 8 - 8 reps

junipertar

Forum GOD!
Back Squat: 90 KG
Front Squat: 90 KG
Bench Press: 60 KG (x5 x3, feeling a bit better)
Deadlift: 140 KG (pulled once, was OK, will be easier when I build volume up)
Barbell Press: 40 KG
Pull Ups: 3 sets > 8 - 8 - 6 reps