Wizashave.com

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
Has anyone had dealings with Wizashave.com, they only seem to sell Wizamet IS blades, are they legitimate blades?

Thanks,

P.

Last edited:

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
Wizamet Super Iridiums arrived from Morocco. They're definitely legitimate with glue drying on both the box and the wrapping.

Buy with confidence :okay:

Thank you, do the come with white inner wrappers or the wrappers with the same design as the box? :) P.

JPO

Veteran
I recently bought 250 Wizamet blades from Wizashave.com, shipped from Morocco. They are suppose to be genuine.
My go to blade at the moment is Permasharp. I can get 3-4 good shaves from these. The Wizamet blades on the other hand caused irritation and weepers on the third shave, and they were less sharp and less smooth than the Permasharp blade from the first shave. I have only tried the blades in an Tatara razor, but that should not be the issue.
These blades go from usable to unusable from the second to the third use.
Looking at the blades with a loop does reveal a rough edge. If i had seen this on one of my straight razors i would not be done honing.
Did i receive bad blades? I get close to the same issue if i try to push a feather blade past 3 shaves.
My face still stings after 6 hours. This is the only blade i have had this experience with. I have tried different blades from different tucks with the same result. It is ok that blades dull, but going from smooth to tin can is not ok.
I will try it in another razor and just throw them out if i get the same result.
Maybe it is just a one use and done blade??
It could also be caused by the shipping. These are packed in a way that the edge can be exposed to pressure if it is not handled correctly.

Is it just me?

Nav

Forum GOD!
I recently bought 250 Wizamet blades from Wizashave.com, shipped from Morocco. They are suppose to be genuine.
My go to blade at the moment is Permasharp. I can get 3-4 good shaves from these. The Wizamet blades on the other hand caused irritation and weepers on the third shave, and they were less sharp and less smooth than the Permasharp blade from the first shave. I have only tried the blades in an Tatara razor, but that should not be the issue.
Looking at the blades with a loop does reveal a rough edge. If i had seen this on one of my straight razors i would not be done honing.
Did i receive bad blades? I get close to the same issue if i try to push a feather blade past 3 shaves.
My face still stings after 6 hours. This is the only blade i have had this experience with. I have tried different blades from different tucks with the same result. It is ok that blades dull, but going from smooth to tin can is not ok.
I will try it in another razor and just throw them out if i get the same result.
It could also be caused by the shipping. These are packed in a way that the edge can be exposed to pressure if it is not handled correctly.

Is it just me?
Please could you post some pics of these blades?

Tonyschin

Pogonotomist

Is it just me?
I have to admit, i had exactly the same issue with Polsilvers SI, i just could not get on with them, i sent out a few tucks to Ops who use them and they said they looked and felt genuine, i ended up Selling or PIF'ing them on. A lot of users say the Polsilver are the same blade as the Wizamet, i don't think so as i get on great with Wizamet SI blades, one of my favourites.

It may be that you have just found your Nemesis blade.
T