Completed Wickham Soap Co LE Dark Edition Group Buy

D

Deleted member 30

View attachment 36776
Water is medium hard here apparently. Used a shavemac custom DO1. To be fair I had also had an outing on the Magnum and the Shangri La so perhaps I did not give it what it deserved . Maybe it needed more attention than the soaps. See what others make of it.
That's a nice brush and I used a similar knot for testing, I have hard water here which is great for testing against, but not so much for the life of the kitchen kettle. :)

The DE has arrived along with a sample of the V2 Super Smooth, thanks Darron @Fox.

This evenings shave saw me test the Super smooth... A fresh clean but quite subtle scent from the packet. I think I've tried a sample of this scent before (South Sea Spray?).
My thinking is to produce a much milder fragrance well below what other artisans are using. The reason being is that I don't think the lingering fragrance on the skin should necessarily come from he soap but rather the post shave balm. The fragrance you may of used before it was the proposed fragrance for the final 1912 but I never felt 100% convinced that it would work. It was the Odyssey which was my take on L'eau d'Issey by Issey Miyake.

Can very much agree with your review Damian..

I did a test lather earlier with the Super Smooth V2. It lathered dead easy and the scent was very familiar but mild. Sort of had a note or an accord that's in Magnum (to my nose) but no idea. It could well be Southsea Spray, but I've never tried it so can't say.

It seems more like a cream to me than a soft soap..but it performs well no question. It reminded me a bit of Bodyshop Maca Root cream but better.
Darron's good at this soap game ain't he:thumbsup:
Thank you this most encouraging feedback, the fragrance is the the Odyssey which was my take on L'eau d'Issey by Issey Miyake destined for the 1912 but never made it.

Very nice shave! The scent once lathered reminds me of an expensive, clean, floral body lotion with nice hints of Fry's "Turkish Delight" , talcum powder and musk. Very clean and sophisticated. It could be unisex but smells very classy and inoffensive. @Fox

Yes I agree that the Shangri La is an unisex fragrance and only said this to a friend who popped over yesterday. Two great minds... :) I too get the Turkish Delight scent, something that reminds me of a child when I would stay with my Gran's house at the weekends. Thank you for the kind feedback. :)
Thank you gents for the encouraging feedback. If I told you that you were testing something else other than the Super Smooth V2 with that sample do you think you could work it out? I will give the first person who can say what this is the very first production Super Smooth soap. Batch one, first soap labelled once its ready for the market place. No hints! :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
Well I have not got a scooby but it was certainly more cream / croap unless the postie had been sitting on it to bloom it up. . The lack of scent almost made it like a 3p or a base tallow that awaits infusion with something yummy. Now was that scientific or not? :wink:

D

Deleted member 30

It's a cream soap intentionally, not only because the original was a halfway house croap, but so it can be used in a certain way. Doh! I said no hints! :giggle:

Oh to my knowledge it will also be an Artisan soap makers first. May even be a first all round.

D

Deleted member 30

Your all off the mark, by a long chalk.

Think more out of the box. :)

EDIT: Sorry @Lann is the closest so far. :)

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
A tub of soap that automatically wakes you up in the morning, gives you a blow job then applies it self to your face for 10 minutes prior to peeling automatically to leave a BBS? Oh well. One day maybe .