Whisky, whiskey, scotch, bourbon, rye .. anything grain mash

halvor

a most elusive fish
Awe man. Now I'm gonna have to spring for a bottle. At around $100 a bottle, that will require some justifying on my part.
Cheaper whiskies cost a lot more over here, relatively speaking. Or in other words, entry point for booze is higher, and the more expensive, the more similar prices to most other countries (and in fact in some cases you can get expensive stuff from Bordeaux and Burgundy at much better prices here.) The price hike for you from a fairly good whisky to this one is larger than in my case, and tbh I’m not convinced it’s worth it. For reference, a Laga 16 sets me back the equivalent to $80, whereas this one cost me $88. Go figure.

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
Cheaper whiskies cost a lot more over here, relatively speaking. Or in other words, entry point for booze is higher, and the more expensive, the more similar prices to most other countries (and in fact in some cases you can get expensive stuff from Bordeaux and Burgundy at much better prices here.) The price hike for you from a fairly good whisky to this one is larger than in my case, and tbh I’m not convinced it’s worth it. For reference, a Laga 16 sets me back the equivalent to $80, whereas this one cost me $88. Go figure.
Lagavulin 16 is also $80 here. The price on the Aberlour A'bunadh is $115. In the end I probably won't pick it up unless I see it on sale.

vates

Legendary Member
Which one ‘won’, @vates ? If any.
Hard to tell. anCnoc rascan was a very pleasant surprise. I'd recommend it to anyone without hesitation.
Connemara Peated is always a winner in my book. No surprises here but a lot of sheer enjoyment.
Arberg An Oa is a great Islay malt, as usual.
The main disappointment for me was probably the Welsh whisky. Didn't meet my expectations. Rather mild, fruity, and... boring.

Need to wring the cloth of life just that little bit harder in these times of Corona and find windows of enjoyment.
Absolutely!

Memhis

Forum GOD!

Got this today, I hope that it will survive till Christmas :). Not so much a fan of heavy peat. What is there to try in 50€ range (except Glenmorangie, Glendronach and Aberlour)?