Which brands of badger shaving brushes should Connaught Shaving carry?

Which brands of badger shaving brushes should Connaught Shaving carry?

• Edwin Jagger

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • G.B. Kent

• Taylor of Old Bond St.

• Other

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Morris & Forndran

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Semogue

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Omega

• Zenith

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Shavemac

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

Paul

Connaught Shaving
Vendor
Which brands of badger shaving brushes should Connaught Shaving carry? Please advise the brand, the size, style, handles & preferred hair type.

Dr Watson

James
Edwin Jagger badgers are really entry level, same as Muhle so poor density and floppy and only mediocre quality hair.

TOBS Brushes are sourced from two different factories, there's the rebranded Vulfix which are awful floppy things with poor quality hair and the others are from wherever EJ get theirs and so exhibit the same characteristics, just with a different name printed on it.

Kent have discontinued badger hair brushes, they only sell synthetic and bristle now.

Just my opinion Paul but if those are the only options I would stop selling badgers quite honestly. ALPHA (@AlphaShaving) are fantastic but not sure if they have some sort of exclusivity deal with a competitor of yours (Executive...)

slapo

It's... alive!
I've largely been ignoring all three brands in the poll (Edwin Jagger, G. B. Kent and Taylor of Old Bond Street), because they are relatively expensive, and lack larger knot sizes (think 28 and 30mm).
Zenith is a good suggestion, and e.g. AP Shave co brushes seem to be quite popular, but I'm not sure the latter are available wholesale.
It would also be nice to see some of Omega's newer synthetic brushes being offered, or at least I can't see them on the website.

R181

Grumpy old man
Their mixed badger and boar are a personal favourite.
OT, but I always wondered about mixed badger and boar brushes. Is it for someone who can't make up their minds which type they like? I have two of their boar brushes and prefer the inexpensive Omegas by comparison. Each to their own as always.

Bob

Paul

Connaught Shaving
Vendor
Without getting into the politics of social engineering, Badger hair is provided by local hunters, so supports an honest trade. They eat the meat & sell the hair. Anyone who claims these animals are tortured really needs to experience these wonderful creatures in the wild (there not cuddly cartoon creatures). Although I have always had similar concerns in the past, I could not substantiate them. I have great respect for anyone who feels differently whether they be vegan or are just against the fur trade on principal, we will just have to agree to disagree. My main concern now is providing a good selection, of brushes my customers actually like & want to purchase.