Which blade is most sharp - favourites..?

Lord Fatboy

Forgo Mud !
Having run out of Feathers, I've been exploring the "other" sharp blades with my Schick Krona. It seems to be common consent that Feather & Kai are most sharp (tho' some - who I suspect to be contrary buggers - say "Bolzano"), but there is a race for second place.

I've been using Gillette Silver Blue, Perma-Sharp, Astra and Gillette 7 O'clock Sharp Edge (Yellow).

The Yellow Gillette were best, then the Perma-Sharp & Astra tied. I cannot get along with Gillette Silver Blue.

Godfather

Forum GOD!
The Gillette yellow's were perfect in my progress! Never got on silver Blues but now I find Sharks and Voskhods to be simply great in my S1, sharp but smooth (just don't last that long)!

Dipesh

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I only use sharp ones.

Feather, polsilver, Gillette yellow/black/silver blue are some of my favourites.

Gillette Indian black are very smooth for me.

SeanC

Forum GOD!
Gillette Stainless (red and white pack, made in St P)
Gillette Goal (red pack, made in China for Indonesian market)

Are top of the tree in terms of sharpness based on my own experience. The latter whilst being very hard to find, also lasts for 5+ shaves easily.
PSI and Perm-Sharp are just a whisker behind these two.

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
In addition to the above I have to recommend Nacet blades, if you haven't tried them. They were a revelation.

Regards,
Chris

S

Steve Bowles

I'm pretty much bonded to Astra SP, Voskhod, and Polsilver. I've got hundreds and they always give a close, comfortable shave.

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
...for me in terms of sharpness...Feather, Gillette Russian Yellow, Kai, Gillette Indian Green, Polsilver...

Bigboar

I had a tuck of vintage 70's wilkie swords, they made feathers about as sharp as a (bad) derby...

I don't really like sharp blades so I stick with Astras for tto gillettes and Rapiras for everything else.

S

Steve Bowles

I have a nagging suspicion that all of this is subjective, unless someone can somehow demonstrate "sharpness" vis-à-vis a razor blade. They're all pretty damn sharp.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Personna Labs/GSB/Gillette Platinums (india) for me.
I must try shark blades, it is one I have not yet tried...

Matsilainen

Forum GOD!
Another Personna (Med) Prep fan here. Though they are very efficient blades, they are also very smooth.

Also, a markedly sharp blade I only recently tried for the first time is the Bic Chrome Platinum (which many people don’t seem to get along with, but I enjoyed quite a bit). And then there’s the Bluebird Hi-Stainless, which are almost impossible to find these days…