When you get that rough one

Wayne

Forum Sod
I stuck a feather in my Leaf Razor last week. Normally they provide an excellent shave in the Leaf but I must have loaded a rough one because my usual shave became weeper City and it tore me to shreds, I was left sore and red. I blamed the lather, technique, anything. I healed and tried again in a few days, same result!
Today I swapped out the Feather for the Wizamet and Bingo! Normality resumed, a silky smooth, effortless BBS that the Leaf is famous for. I must have got a rough one. It happens from time to time.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I stuck a feather in my Leaf Razor last week. Normally they provide an excellent shave in the Leaf but I must have loaded a rough one because my usual shave became weeper City and it tore me to shreds, I was left sore and red. I blamed the lather, technique, anything. I healed and tried again in a few days, same result!
Today I swapped out the Feather for the Wizamet and Bingo! Normality resumed, a silky smooth, effortless BBS that the Leaf is famous for. I must have got a rough one. It happens from time to time.
Not tried a feather yet. Used Gillette Rubie‘s this morning with an excellent result.

p.b

Forum GOD!
Yep. Doesn’t happen that often but on Monday I loaded a Schick Proline into my Blackland Vector, and this combination is pretty much my gold standard in shaving, and was rewarded with a horrible, harsh and bloody shave. Same happened on Tuesday with a different soap, so I think I simply had a dud Proline. I’ll revisit the Proline-Vector set up after the Cobra Feather Professional has run its course just to double check.

slapo

It's... alive!
Hmmm, I've been using Astras with the Tatara Masamune Nodachi OC and Timeless bronze OC and the first pass was good, but had a bunch of really sneaky weepers ATG. Hadn't noticed them until I was just about done, either.
Still, I have so many leftover sample blades that I ditch them after one or two shaves. Maybe I should sell the samples and just use my go-tos. 😑