What's Your Pre-shave Prep?

owlman

Forum GOD!
None whatsoever. I usually whip up lather in a bowl and apply it to my dry face which hasn't seen any water since the previous evening.

I've tried several different techniques, like washing my face with cold/warm water only, using soap, using a hot towel for several minutes, or shaving after the shower. However, I have not noticed any tangible differences in the quality of my shaves, so I don't bother. In my experience, the choice of shaving soap and my knowledge of the razor have a far greater influence, so I focus on those.

R181

Grumpy old man
None whatsoever. I usually whip up lather in a bowl and apply it to my dry face which hasn't seen any water since the previous evening.

I've tried several different techniques, like washing my face with cold/warm water only, using soap, using a hot towel for several minutes, or shaving after the shower. However, I have not noticed any tangible differences in the quality of my shaves, so I don't bother. In my experience, the choice of shaving soap and my knowledge of the razor have a far greater influence, so I focus on those.
Yes, basically came to the same conclusion. However I do wet my face with cold water before face lathering and before each pass. Doing it this way has never been a problem during my daily 4 pass shaves.

Bob