What's your best Simpson brush pick?

Rusty Blade

Forum GOD!
I am in the mood for yet another brush and I am looking seriously at another Simpson brush. I currently have the Simpson Special and it is a trooper, never failing to amaze. But it is lonely on my shelf for yet another Simpson brush. Any suggestions? (Keep in mind I am not a rich old man, just a poor simple man with extremely rich tastes).

jeepie

Forum GOD!
Duke 3 in Best. Or a Chubby 2 from BST to keep the prices down. The D3 could be all the brush you need.
So that’s interesting. Does best perform more to the dimensions on paper when compared to the seemingly undersized synthetic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FSword

Forum GOD!
I've tried the Duke 3 and Chubby 2 (best) and I prefer the Duke. I simply find the Chubby too big for my liking. The Duke has the ideal size, especially for face lathering.

PS: I haven't tried any Simpsons Manchurian.

p.b

Forum GOD!
So that’s interesting. Does best perform more to the dimensions on paper when compared to the seemingly undersized synthetic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. It feels like a 23/24mm brush. It's a nice brush but your on-order Shavemac will be better.

MPH

Forum GOD!
I have a chubby 2 silvertip that is awesome. I haven't tried a chubby 2 Manchurian (although I'd like to), but I prefer the hair to my Manchurian t4.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I had a Chubby 2 in best and had it held onto its bristles it would have been brilliant. I now have a 30mm Maseto two-band which is pretty much as good and doesn’t shed.