What works best when using the Semogue 830 Hereditas?

Sig Solo

#WAD
Hello,
I have been trying to break in my Semogue 830 Hereditas (2020) in the fridge; 24 hrs in water, towel dry x 3.

Ordered it to see waht all the fuss about it was about.

So here goes:
Which does it perform best with? How do you use yours?
With:
- Hard puck
- Soap
- Cream
- Paste
- Stick
- Bowl lather
- Face lather

p.b

Forum GOD!
It’s just a brush- it works well with all of the above. It’ll be a lather hog until it breaks in, but it’s the drying process that splits the ends and breaks in the brush not making it wet so just use it anyway you want to and ensure it dries between uses.

HereticHermit

Forum GOD!
It’s just a brush- it works well with all of the above. It’ll be a lather hog until it breaks in, but it’s the drying process that splits the ends and breaks in the brush not making it wet so just use it anyway you want to and ensure it dries between uses.
@Sig Solo ...... and if it is very cold or cloudy+cold where you live then bit of help from a hair dryer on low setting works well to hastened splitting and faster break in.

pjgh

Forum GOD!
Use the brush slightly wetter than you think it should be, take a good soap in a deep tub and not only load the brush but actually lather up on the soap. Then, onto your face and work it around. You might need to return to the soap for the second and subsequent passes.

It will break in given use ... that's the only trick really.

Sig Solo

#WAD
Just used it and face lathered. One of my first successful ones. Proraso Green. Loaded it for 15-20 sec and then on to the face. added water in the process. Great lather!
The Personna Red and the Parker 96R proved to be a bad combo for my skin, though. Four minor weepers and feeling a bit sore on the neck...

Summa summarum: That is a wonderful brush even now at the first use after the fridge breaking treatment...

Last edited: