What watch are you wearing today (WRUW)

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
Right-hander, wear on the left and on the outside of course.

Wear my watches on the 'tight' side, i.e. do not like the watch to be loose or too loose.
Wearing a watch too loose does not help the movement wind properly.
Wearing a watch too tight does not help blood flow/pressure at the wrist cross-section.

Chief Brody

Forum GOD!
I have 2 Seiko Automatic divers watches. Great watches for the money. Got my eye on a third - Solar powered quartz Seiko divers, then I think I'm done.

In the meantime, this came today, a few days earlier than expected.

View attachment 103200

It's a lot of watch for the money. If I had to say anything negative about it, I would say its slightly too big. Bargain for £45 though.
I love a Casio & looking at Duro's....Did you buy through Amazon?

MrK1

Forum GOD!
I love a Casio & looking at Duro's....Did you buy through Amazon?
Yes, Amazon US who shipped it to the UK.
It's a great watch, but I have decided it's a little too big for me. I will be moving it on soon.

I'm going blame the Seiko solar I bought recently. At 38mm it's really light and comfortable. Everything else I wear seems bulky and heavy, which the Casio is not, but I just prefer the Seiko.

Chief Brody

Forum GOD!
Yes, Amazon US who shipped it to the UK.
It's a great watch, but I have decided it's a little too big for me. I will be moving it on soon.

I'm going blame the Seiko solar I bought recently. At 38mm it's really light and comfortable. Everything else I wear seems bulky and heavy, which the Casio is not, but I just prefer the Seiko.
That's a shame. A number of reviews refer to the watches size. May be one day Casio will make a smaller version.

Grainman

Forum GOD!
Hey Bryan,

I had SPB117, mentioned in the Hodinkee article here.

It is a nice watch, the movement is updated (with increased power reserve) but the bracelet could be better made and personally I got annoyed by the second pusher at 4pm because the inner rotating dial part cannot be 'locked' at any given instant.

Quite a popular watch, though.
But your brain will tell you otherwise.

Going to sound daft here, but my Longines feels totally different than any other watch on my wrist. There is something that bit special about it. Build quality is excellent. I have a metal strap and with the half links you get an excellent fit.
But your brain will tell you otherwise.

Going to sound daft here, but my Longines feels totally different than any other watch on my wrist. There is something that bit special about it. Build quality is excellent. I have a metal strap and with the half links you get an excellent fit.
I was wearing an old 1960s Uno which has (as my mate Derek the jeweller informs me) is an FHF movement. He said it was well made and reliable. If he thinks a particular model has shortcomings he's straight with his opinions. I have a cute 60sWestclox and I once asked him what he thought of it. He looked and read the dial and said Hmm --Precision jewelled and then laughed and shook his head. I'm still looking around for a Westclox movement !!

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
You should give Momentum watches by St Moritz Watch Corp. a look. They produce a variety of watches in Canada using Japanese movements, mainly Seiko, mostly quartz, but a few mechanical. I have an M30 automatic on order and will post a picture when it arrives. Their watches look to be quite competitively priced; they have a 20% off Black Friday sale at the moment.

Here’s my brand new M30, which arrived in today’s post. I’m really chuffed with it: it’s a serious dive watch with a sapphire crystal, 300 metres of water resistance, a natural rubber band, great luminescence and the Seiko HN35 automatic movement. I particularly like the offset stem, the location of the date and the “sharks tooth“ indices. Sorry for the poor quality photo, but I just had to get this post up in short order.

D10925A7-2C24-4ED6-AB57-9CA29749EA90.jpeg