What watch are you wearing today (WRUW)

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
They are nice watches, I’ve had two. BUT, I wouldn’t get another. Why ? Well both have stopped working. What happens is the capacitor goes after around five years. The capacitor being the battery that stores the energy from the light. These are not as cheap as having a battery replaced. Easy to tell if the capacitor is going on an eco drive is it counts two seconds instead of one in one movement of the second hand.
That is interesting, I'll see how it pans out. I love the look of Citizen watches, and I think for what you get, they are very reasonable priced.
Did either of you get more info on this?
Thinking of a used Eco drive
Cheers

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Did either of you get more info on this?
Thinking of a used Eco drive
Cheers
No, still have my two with the knackered capacitors, wait for a moment when I pop them on ebay for spare or repair.

mmm, just checked ebay for capacitor, much better on price now. Think I need to look at that as it’s just as easy as a new battery ?

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
No, still have my two with the knackered capacitors, wait for a moment when I pop them on ebay for spare or repair.

mmm, just checked ebay for capacitor, much better on price now. Think I need to look at that as it’s just as easy as a new battery ?
I’ve asked the seller how old it is. It’s out of warranty for sure

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!