What watch are you wearing today (WRUW)

Wayne

Forum Sod
Hi @Paul G.
It all depends on your pocket and what you are looking for. Field watch, dress or diver. If you don't mind spending a little more then Hamilton, Christopher Ward are both good choices for a good auto. If you don’t want to spend around the £500 mark then Orient offer the best value solid watches. Of course there is seiko but many more good watches out there to be had too. Oh and if you like something different check out Vostok Europe, the Europe part is important. Their auto’s look great very solid and chunky, use Seiko movements for the auto and are superb value for money. You won’t see many around either. I love mine.

Last edited:

Paul G

Forum GOD!
Hi @Paul G.
It all depends on your pocket and what you are looking for. Field watch, dress or diver. If you don't mind spending a little more then Hamilton, Christopher Ward are both good choices for a good auto. If you don’t want to spend around the £500 mark then Orient offer the best value solid watches. Of course there is seiko but many more good watches out there to be had too. Oh and if you like something different check out Vostok Europe, the Europe part is important. Their auto’s look great very solid and chunky, use Seiko movements for the auto and are superb value for money. You won’t see many around either. I love mine.
Thanks Wayne, was thinking diver style and budget about £200, hence potentially looking at second hand. Had seen a SEIKO PREMIER BLACK OPEN HEART that looked nice and never heard of orient or bostock will have a look.

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
Hi @Paul G.
+1 for the Vostock watches, I love my North Pole 1, auto, chunky and good value for money. P.

Wayne

Forum Sod
As a side not Vostok and Vostok Europe are two completely different companies. Vostok are basic Russian automatics, good but a bit rustic. Vostok Europe are a completely different kettle of fish.

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
As a side not Vostok and Vostok Europe are two completely different companies. Vostok are basic Russian automatics, good but a bit rustic. Vostok Europe are a completely different kettle of fish.
Yes indeed, I should have mentioned mine is a Vostock Europe, as you say a different kettle of fish! :) P.

MrK1

Forum GOD!
Thanks Wayne, was thinking diver style and budget about £200, hence potentially looking at second hand. Had seen a SEIKO PREMIER BLACK OPEN HEART that looked nice and never heard of orient or bostock will have a look.

This one?

Wayne

Forum Sod
Yeah alright, no need to shout

Paul G

Forum GOD!

Attachments

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I prefer Seiko to Orient but they’re both solid watches and you can’t go wrong with either. At £200 you’d have more choice from Orient these days if you want a diver, time was you’d have gotten an SKX007 all day long for that but they’re more expensive now.

Wayne

Forum Sod
@Wayne what is the difference between the two models of orient apart from the slightly larger crown and £50 if you know.
I can't relly see the difference with those photos mate. There is the Orient Mako and the Orient Mako XL. The Xl is larger by a couple of mm's so that probably is it. I can recommend Creation watch as a seller, you will get whacked with import duty though but it'll come cheaper than buying here and the service is excellent.