What watch are you wearing today (WRUW)

2LabDad

Forum GOD!
Seeing this photo makes me think that I’m really going to like the white full-lume face I’m having installed to replace the Gradient black dial on my field watch. I struggle to read the time in low light with the lume on the black face.
That is EXACTLY why I like white dials! I'm blind in one eye already and the full dial lume really helps in both light and dark situations.

2LabDad

Forum GOD!
View attachment 142541

Birth year ('88) 3000 🤟 - Aged tritium lume aside, it looks like new.
Love the way aged lume looks on the older / vintage watches.....just wish it still "lumed" like it did when new. That faded yellow/cream/orange color looks great an a lot of older watches but the lume is gone. I hear there are people who will "re-lume" the dial pips and markers.....

Last edited:

Dr Watson

James
Love the way aged lume looks on the older / vintage watches.....just wish it still "lumed" like it did when new. That faded yellow/cream/orange color looks great an a lot of older watches but the lume is gone. I hear there are people who will "re-lume" the dial pips and markers.....
Indeed you can... I think @Wayne did his own re-lume a while ago (may have been posted on here or TSR, not sure.) It looks easy enough if you have a steady hand and patience.

I like the aged lume look but only on old watches... Faux aged lume which has been in fashion for a few years now is a bit meh.