What video game are you playing?

Steinmetzify

Legendary Member
Not playing as much as I used to...45, wife, daughter, own a business and work a full time job, but I like to get some hours in a week.

I'll run a couple hours of Soul Calibur 6 on PS4 with my wife, who's surprisingly brutal at it. We'll occasionally run the Mercenary Missions from RE5 on same platform.

When I'm playing by myself I'll run Player Unknown's Battlegrounds on PC....currently trying to use a Razer Tartarus v2 as an alternative to running a full keyboard, but 40+ years of controller habits are HARD to break.

What are you playing, and what are you playing it on?

Grishnak

Forum GOD!
I play online with my younger brother.
We have just completed Dying Light and returned to Wildlands to go through some extra DLC content that has been added since finishing that months ago.
Prior to that we were on Destiny for a couple of years.

I think we are going to move on to Borderlands 1&2 in a couple of weeks (free on PS+) while we decide what to go for next. We live 250 miles apart, so generally get together for a long weekend 3 or four times a year, we don’t phone each other, instead have a weekly chat for four or five hours once a week while playing.

We both have PS4

Benz3ne

Forum GOD!
Nothing right now but the younger brother has urged me to get Rocket League for a bit of 'bro-time' online. He's around 100 miles away currently, having just started his PhD so it'll be good to have some fun that way.

pjgh

Forum GOD!
PS4 ... jumped back into gaming recently (ish) with Dead Island/Riptide (spotted a very special offer on Playstation Store at the time), then Dying Light (finished ... loved it!) then tried The Following which was not as fun, but largely described as Far Cry with zombies ... so I tried Far Cry 4.

I absolutely loved Far Cry 4, so went on to Far Cry 5 which I've just finished (literally, yesterday). I'm now on Far Cry New Dawn, which I am enjoying but perhaps not as much as Far Cry 5. Early days, I'm only a couple of hours in.

Grishnak

Forum GOD!
PS4 ... jumped back into gaming recently (ish) with Dead Island/Riptide (spotted a very special offer on Playstation Store at the time), then Dying Light (finished ... loved it!) then tried The Following which was not as fun, but largely described as Far Cry with zombies ... so I tried Far Cry 4.

I absolutely loved Far Cry 4, so went on to Far Cry 5 which I've just finished (literally, yesterday). I'm now on Far Cry New Dawn, which I am enjoying but perhaps not as much as Far Cry 5. Early days, I'm only a couple of hours in.
Agree.
preferred Dying Light to The Following, mostly due to the environment.
I liked the relative security of the rooftops compared to the open countryside and a Buggy.

I will mention Far Cry to my brother tomorrow......

junipertar

Forum GOD!
The last one I played was Skyrim. I have married since & have a kid, so in what little spare time I have at home - if any - I shave :)

Grishnak

Forum GOD!
Was Dying Light the one with the flashlight and the zombies? That thing was horrifying lol
I “think” that is a different game.
Dying Light is the open sandbox game, where most travel is done via parkour (across rooftops and vehicle roofs) staying out of reach as much as possible, armed with table legs, pieces of pipe, baseball bats etc. in a city filled with zombies.
There are tunnels, underground parking and the like that need to be explored looking for clues, supplies etc. that are done by torchlight, but I think there is another game based more around this.
until dawn maybe......?

Last edited:

Dr Watson

James
I like old point-and-click games. Right now I'm playing Runaway: A Road Adventure.
The Broken Sword series of games were a favourite "point and click" of mine back in the day. Funny thinking back to the plot and the release date (1996) author Dan Brown must have also enjoyed it as he shamelessly plagiarized it in his "Davinchi Code" book lol.